UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Who is else graduating?

5/1/05 4:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joey Crawford
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-May-05

I'll be graduating Saturday with a bachelor's degree in economics. My finals aren't really going to be too hard, I just have a ten page paper to finish up by Tuesday and a couple of tests that at this point are pretty much meaningless. So I've been partying my ass off for about 2 months now lol Who else?
5/2/05 10:39 AM
Joey Crawford
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-May-05
lol @ me. "Who is else graduating?"
5/2/05 2:45 PM
jgibson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-May-05
Damn I'm jealous. I have yet to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
5/16/05 5:08 PM
Weavil

Edited: 16-May-05
I just walked this past Saturday @ Virginia Tech. Going out of town then I've got to find a job.
5/21/05 6:31 PM
HellfireMk

Edited: 21-May-05
son of a... how are you graduating before me joey? I could have sworn I was ahead of you the last time we talked. btw, I'm graduating this fall (could graduate this summer, but summer classes suck)
5/22/05 5:13 PM
iceman420

Edited: 22-May-05
cajones so you're a DSP man? Masters or PhD?
5/22/05 7:29 PM
Joey Crawford

Edited: 22-May-05
Mike, when you're grades are like mine, you make up a lot of time during summer session lol I was actually only a class or two shy of graduating a semester early, but my podunk school only has one commencement a year anyway so I took it easy for a semester. I hope to be back training soon, I had some unexpected expenses come up so I'm pretty much broke right now. I should be back before too long though.
5/23/05 4:50 PM
HellfireMk

Edited: 23-May-05
"Mike, when you're grades are like mine, you make up a lot of time during summer session lol" No kidding, I just barely got my gpa above 3.0 at the end of this semester. "I was actually only a class or two shy of graduating a semester early, but my podunk school only has one commencement a year anyway so I took it easy for a semester." Where do you go to school? Since scheduling at UALR sucks for upper classmen, I didnt graduate this spring. It would have been tough anyways though since I would have had to take 18 hours. Now I only need stat I and an upper level math elective to graduate, and I'm not even a math major. I've finished everything required for my major, so the fall should be a nice walk in the park. "I hope to be back training soon, I had some unexpected expenses come up so I'm pretty much broke right now. I should be back before too long though." Well good luck to ya. You sound like most college students I know...broke.
5/28/05 12:15 AM
Joey Crawford

Edited: 28-May-05
Lyon College, formerly Arkansas College. Same as Mr. Ramilton (gotta spell it that way since he's half-Brazilian now). Not a bad school, unless you like versatility and options lol. But if you know exactly what you want to do, and LC offers it, a good choice. A little pricey though.
5/28/05 1:19 AM
Kevin Riegle

Edited: 28-May-05
After 5.5 years of school (on and off, pt and ft). I switched from Business to Econ in January (5 less classes for me to take), so it's 4 classes in the fall and I am done!!! "Lots of people go to school for 6 years, they're called doctors"
6/5/05 10:17 PM
Joey Crawford

Edited: 05-Jun-05
Have fun with it, it's a good time if you can balance studying and socializing well. If you get behind in class, you'll be busting it trying to catch up, but if you don't enjoy yourself you'll be kicking yourself later.
6/9/05 6:05 AM
HellfireMk

Edited: 09-Jun-05 06:07 AM
The first year of college was the most fun for me. I did most of my socializing then. I also met alot more people. And really, that is the best time to do it since the classes you take then are the easiest. Plus, they are usually general classes that everyone has to take so you get to meet alot of different people that will go into other fields. The further into school I got the more I started to hang around my fellow computer science geeks and the less I hung around my other friends from early on. I also met fewer people. You just start getting busy and having more difficult work and more of it. So you inevitably start hanging out more with people in your own field so you can help eachother out with your work and because you have more in common bcause you had the same classes, same teachers, etc.
6/9/05 9:45 AM
MITman2k
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jun-05
I'll graduate...in 7 years lol
6/10/05 12:18 AM
Joey Crawford

Edited: 10-Jun-05
I alternated semesters partying and studying. The best system I found, but one that takes a lot of discipline, is to not do ANYTHING until you've studied for 2-3 hours a day. That gives you time to do your reading, homework, whatever and be done by supper time. Then go work out, shower, and you've got a couple good hours to hang out every night.
6/11/05 7:20 AM
Rox19
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Jun-05
just graduated! :) majored in Japanese language and lit. So who else is feeling weird about lack of homework? I mean it's great, but I'm starting to feel nervous 24/7...like there's something I should be doing. *bites nails* always...something...should be...doing.... Like when you know you have a project but you forgot to write it down and can't remember what it is.
6/12/05 1:33 AM
Joey Crawford

Edited: 12-Jun-05
Dude I know exactly how you feel. I actually started going back and re-reading some of my little paperback philosophy books just to let myself down slowly.
6/12/05 10:37 PM
Kyle Cooley
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Jun-05
Hows the job search going?
6/22/05 9:47 PM
SlySpyMOFO

Edited: 22-Jun-05
What does that mean! I'm not edubacated yet!
6/24/05 12:27 AM
FiatLux

Edited: 24-Jun-05
Finished about a month ago and my diploma arrived on the 17th. I was happy they didnt fuck with me and with hold it (I had serious concerns about this actually). Degree is in communications from Loyola University New Orleans.
7/4/05 11:46 AM
Joey Crawford

Edited: 04-Jul-05
Well I've been working in a bank with an Economics degree, but I've been doing more work in the IT dept. lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.