UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Backpackers

5/10/05 12:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cire
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-May-05

Any of ya'll into backpacking/mountaineering? I have hiked/climbed many peaks all over the Southwest up to Colorado. My favorite was the Weminuche Wilderness outside of Vallecito, Colorado. It is the area on the Continental Divide to the East of the Durango/Silverton Railroad. A couple of buddies and I did a 110 mile trek over 10 days peaking at 13,300. It was incredible. I would highly recommend it for any backpackers who want to escape from civilization and see great backcountry. Any of ya'll have a great spot to share?
5/10/05 5:31 PM
Stronghold
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-May-05
I knew a chick that went fishing and backpacking with three guys and all she got was a red snapper.
5/13/05 11:16 AM
pustak
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-May-05
i've spent a lot of time backpacking through the White Mountains over the years. i'm still partial to the Franconia Notch area, and the Pemigewasset Wilderness, but the former is pretty inundated with tourists during the summer months. haven't been in far too long. i've had the itch to get out lately, but i haven't been able to find the time. i am however going to China for the summer, so hopefully i'll get a chance to do some hiking and camping while i'm there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.