UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Richmond, VA sub/BJJ trn nxt SAT

5/12/05 8:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judogoat
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-May-05

Click here to Pre Register for Richmond Tap Factor, a submission grappling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament in Richmond on Saturday, May 21st.

Stonewall Jackson Middle Shcool, 8021 Lee-Davis Road . Mechanicsville, VA 23111.

Weigh ins start at 9 Am.

Pre-Registration only $40

$40 to do as many divisions as you want- including your weight with and without the gi, and absolutes in both divisions.

The Tap Factor "is a new platform showcasing: NO-GI(novice, intermediate, advanced, Pro), GI(white through black belt), two styles of Wrestling, FOLKSTYLE(same as collegiate) and GRECO-ROMAN, and a new type of competition class for Police type Arrest&Apprehension called "Cuff'N'Stuff". Divisions are open to Youth, Women, Men, Masters, and Absolute. FREE MULTIPLE entries for all divisions that apply to you."

I'm thinking most people will want to do BJJ and no-gi submisison grappling, but there will be opportunities for other styles too like wrestling... and the "cuff N stuff".  I did it once, and it was pretty similar to just rolling no-gi from my standpoint.  Check out my stories about previous Tap Factors:

http://www.nhbfights.com/archive2.php?subaction=showfull&id=1103485100&archive=&cnshow=headlines&start_from=&ucat=18&

http://www.nhbfights.com/archive2.php?subaction=showfull&id=1095638764&archive=&cnshow=headlines&start_from=&ucat=18&

Scroll down to read about them. 

Basically every time I have competed at one of these events, I've gotten at least 9 matches in.

Some pics from previous Tap Factor events:

A bunch more in the above mentioned stories too.  Contact me if you have any questions:

judogoat@hotmail.com

5/18/05 3:21 AM
AnthonyHuss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-May-05
We have upgraded our event to the Showplace in Mechanicsville.
5/19/05 5:20 AM
AnthonyHuss

Edited: 19-May-05
ttt
5/19/05 12:07 PM
AnthonyHuss

Edited: 19-May-05
Friday at Noon is the Pre-Regisrtaion deadline. Doors open at 9 am Opening ceremonies at 10am-ish(depending on how long it takes everyone to sign up) We roll till the rolling is done.
5/20/05 1:25 PM
AnthonyHuss

Edited: 20-May-05
Online pre-registraion is now closed. Thanks to all those that signed up and saved themselves some $$$. You can still enter the day of, be there between 9-10. Doors open at 9am. We start at 10am with the first matches.
5/24/05 3:22 PM
Baldilocks

Edited: 24-May-05
How did the event go?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.