UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> New Ferret Pics

7/24/10 8:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Elvis
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's cool... :) And who says you can't have Ferrets and Dogs... and a Cat... and Fish... and a Snake... well you get the idea. :)

Elvis
7/25/10 9:04 AM
Elvis
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here are my current Ferrets... Popeye and Ginger. The picture is of Popeye (he only has one eye and was a rescue from the Ferret Society.

I put a youtube video link to Popeye and Ginger playing. I don't know how to embed, if anyone deos please do. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElvisSinosic#p/a/u/0/HhfoRDFq8Gs

Elvis

7/26/10 12:13 AM
Gorgeous
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ceute :D
7/27/10 7:50 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wife had two basic ferrets and an albino. The albino always acted laid back and stoned. The oldest one was mostly blind but you couldn't tell it. The middle one was the lick lick chomp queen of the underworld.
7/27/10 11:31 PM
Elvis

Popeye, the one eyed male is a bit more mellow than Ginger the female. He's also a fair bit older. Ginger can be a real spastic some times... in an adorable way of course.
10/29/11 11:55 AM
ChiChi778

I always wanted a ferret when I was younger but I lived in California and they are illegal. I live in Arizona now and also have a cat. Could a ferret and cat get along? I've heard ferrets are very a lot like cats.
10/29/11 8:33 PM
Elvis

Ferrets are like a cross between a hyper active kitten and box of firecrackers (That was a joke)... :)

Ferrets are cool. They can get on with cats ok, depends on the personality of the cat. My cat loves to watch the Ferrets run around (from a high vantage point) but freaks out when they get close or god forbid jump on her (which they have a tendancy to do, not out of malice but cause they jump around a lot). My ferrets aren't really any more interested in the cat than they are in the lounge. I have seen cats and ferrets get along fine. I get my ferrets from the ferret welfare group and when I visit the people have ferrets running around and they always have cats as well.

With a ferret you'll also have to have a cage for it. You need to keep it safe when you're not around to supervise. Getting two ferrets is probably better as when they're caged they have company. There is not much difference between owning one or two. They will have the same size cage regardless of whether you have one or two. They don't eat much so it won't cost more. It's worth thinking about.

Good luck!

10/29/11 8:55 PM
ChiChi778

Thanks! Phone Post
10/30/11 7:37 PM
Elvis

No problems, let us know what you decide to do.

11/25/11 2:21 AM
GMB13

I had 2 ferrets, and my roommates 2 cats a few years back.  One of the cats was very timid and wanted nothing to do with the ferrets.  The other cat was around 18 months old and still energetic and playful, and she always got along well with the ferrets.  She would stalk them, then run full speed pounce and find a good spot to repeat the cycle.  There was a 3 foot scratch post with tiers on it for the cats, the ferrets would climb to the top and kick the cats off regularly.  They always got along well though.  Ferrets can bite harder than cats and a sometimes the ferrets would put the cat in her place if she got too rough, but imo she was asking for it.  There is nothing like seeing a 12 lbs cat run full speed away from a 1.5 lbs ferret in pursuit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.