UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> L3git ?s

5/25/05 2:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RapidAssault
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-May-05 02:26 PM

My prior post on this topic was deleted. I think I raise an important point that should be addressed. The MMA community is the one putting out dubious concepts. In this forum alone there is a thread about armbars. If MMA are so magical and amazing where is your success in the str33ts? It seems that you guys are living in oz. No, I am not a mindless troller trying to start arguments. I simply have not seen MMA satisfactorily answer my contentions. I occasionally visit this forum out of curiosity. I still see people writing that the same cliches like "a technique is just a technique, it's the delivery system that counts" et. al. Grappling magazine and other rags still go on an on about "rear naked choke" and the extolling the benefits of long training sessions on the mat. Frankly, it is all laughable. I won't even go over the obvious arguments that ninjitsu is far superior for t3h str33ts. You guys must have heard that before. That's the REAL Ultimate power. Anyone believing that putting on boxing gloves, sparring with each other with progressive resistance, and rolling on the ground is preparing you for a str33t fight is just plain silly. Yes, yes, I know there are other reasons to take up MMA, but the bottom line is that it is not a SINGLE martial art. MMA is full of people who have great MMA technique, but can not fight on t3h str33ts. You can be a great street fighter without being a great martial artist, but you cant be a great martial artist without being a n1nj4 m4st3r. If you people kept to yourself and admitted this I would put you in the category of groups like The Society for Creative Anachronism. They use old sword methods of fighting event though we have access to firearms. These people do not pretend it is practical. MMA however still advertise in the phone book as teaching self defense. My little cousin who was being bullied in school was enrolled in a BJJ class by his uninformed parents. They tried to tell him and me that he was taking "chin-na" just like his big cousin. I tried to explain that there is a huge difference between what my cousin will learn and the ninjitsu that I practice, but all I got was blank stares from them I think MMA is taking advantage of the naivete of the public. In the end I am a big supporter of laissez-fair capitalism, so I guess it is buyer beware. However, I cant help but wonder how long you guys will get away with this crap. Kram
5/25/05 4:01 PM
Willybone
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-May-05
8.5 for using "REAL Ultimate power" and l337 sp34k.
5/25/05 5:18 PM
Seul
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-May-05
That is pr3tty fuck1n funny.
5/26/05 4:49 PM
bsktrap

Edited: 26-May-05
nice spin.
5/31/05 4:16 PM
Robkali

Edited: 31-May-05
LOL 9.99

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.