UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> How about a poem

6/1/05 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ManicSubmission
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jun-05

Wanderer's Lust It's a wanderer's lust That never ceases to inspire A driving inspiration In a burning desire Of a lofty mountain range In a yondering distant eye Untrodden soil beneath A big wide open sky A restless calling Born of a nomads line An anxious gnawing Made stronger by time To go with the rhythms Set in tune by our Lord The comings and goings Of all creatures in the world Following the seasons The animals and the water Leaving not a trace Of a presence to follow Onward a drift With the wind as a guide Traversing the forests And the great open wide Passing with friends And fires in the dark Telling of stories Of distant lands afar Stokes the coals Of leaving a must Impossible to conquer The wanderer's lust Eric John ‘02
6/1/05 6:03 PM
ManicSubmission

Edited: 01-Jun-05
Nice, 1524, Here's another.... Sands of Beaches Time In the rippled sands beyond The balmy swaying palms The chopping tide consumes The ever drifting dunes A salty Gulf side breeze Calmly washes over me Blowing worries and troubled cares Into infinite aimless airs Against I thoughtfully lean An ancient beach side tree With tangled gnarly feet Where Fiddler crabs compete And hear a sea gull cry And watch it ride the sky Hanging still upon the breeze Sometimes watching over me The smell of the salty water Brings me back a little farther To lost places in my passed That seem to slip too fast I used to walk this beach With no shoes upon my feet And poke at treasures find In another place in time Yet not upon this beach Have I ever lain my feet As I begin to surmise About this chopping tide That just like memories This is not the place I see That the chopping tides of time Have ever washed upon my mind The thought does make me sad That the joyous times I?ve had Are slowly washed away By the tide on day by day But as I think some more I see new beach to explore And new memories come to mind In this new place in time An arch thought does comes to me And I step forth from my tree To make tracks upon the beach That yon tide can not quite reach Like sands of beaches time So the memories of my mind Are slowly washed away To make new ones of a day Eric John ? ?02
6/2/05 8:39 AM
ManicSubmission

Edited: 02-Jun-05
yep
6/2/05 3:05 PM
ManicSubmission

Edited: 02-Jun-05 03:04 PM
yep

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.