UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> Believe in Supernatural???

6/21/05 8:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crescentwrench
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jun-05
Holy shit there really is a paranormalground!
6/21/05 8:29 PM
TexArcher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"the odds favor life on other planets...the odds do not however favor alien life in ufos buzzing down to our planet for a big mac and then heading back to their own planet...the distances are much to great" Absolutely true. I actually took a class in college called SETI: The search for life, an entire freaking course, it was outstanding. Anyway, the nearest planet in a Continuously Habitibal Zone (similar temperature and constitution to support carbon-based life) is like 100 light years away...
6/21/05 8:36 PM
WinkyTickleBear

There are three branches of "paranormal" psychic abilities that have had scientific studies on them, that have yielded results that researchers feel are good enough to warrant further research: 1) Postitive effects of prayer on healing, even when the hospitalized person doesn't know he's being prayed for 2) Some people's ability to slightly skew electronic random number generators by thinking about it 3) Most recently, people having detectable emotional responses to unpleasant events, moments before the event actually occurs. This was an interesting study, because while the test equipment showed a sudden emotional response happening physiologically, most of the test subjects were not consciously aware of it.
6/21/05 8:37 PM
jonwell
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems much more plausible to me that it's a shared delusion or confabulation by those involved.
6/21/05 8:40 PM
jonwell
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

those were all horribly controlled studies btw. Number 2 is a good candidate for James Randi's million dollars, but to nobody's suprise, no one has actually done it yet.
6/21/05 8:46 PM
jonwell

Ya I'd be interested in reading that, see if you can find it.
6/21/05 8:48 PM
TexArcher

Edited: 21-Jun-05 08:55 PM
And similar to winky's #1 above, it's been proven that terminal cancer patients with faith survive longer than ones without faith. But correlation never implies causality, there could be a number of reasons that faith and prayer would help, imo it's due to the feeling of comfort they derive from prayer that reduces stress and worry, factors known to advance most cancers. And in his example, I think it's likely that people being prayed for are clearly being surrounded by people of faith as they go through treatment. Their faith doubtless gives the patient some hope, and it would seem to follow that if a lot of people are praying for the patient that the patient is likely a person of faith as well, and would be benefitting from their own peace achieved through personal prayer as noted above moreso than because someone else prayed and God helped them. I just can't believe in a God that picks and chooses who gets His aid while other babies die of SIDS and children too young to fully understand faith die of leukemia even though their parents doubtless prayed...
6/21/05 8:58 PM
PNI75GUM

Coming from my pacific islands, I can assure you that I am not a believer, but am also open to the idea that even though I don't believe in it, doesn't mean it's not real. I'll add a personal story tomorrow at work..I am off now
6/21/05 9:06 PM
momita

6/21/05 9:13 PM
momita

ok, first let me explain this.... my son's baby kept pointing under the bridge, saying da da, I was crying so hard & kept hugging him & telling him da da wasn't here, he got so mad he stomped his little feet & pointing, wanting to climb up there but we wouldn't let him. I snapped his pic cause he was so mad....

6/21/05 9:15 PM
cali_grrl

duuuuuude...I can already feel my goosebumps stiring... Go on momita...you have us all in suspense. :s Cali
6/21/05 9:15 PM
cali_grrl

Is he wearing a yellow shirt? Hands in his pockets? :) Cali
6/21/05 9:17 PM
momita

I called his friend & asked what he was wearing when he left to go cash his check, an off white button up shirt, with a collar.
6/21/05 9:18 PM
momita

I circled him, is it showing up?
6/21/05 9:21 PM
angryinch

james randi has a million bucks waiting for the first person that can prove any kind of supernatural mumbo jumbo. it's been sitting there for years. I love hearing stories about supernatural events, and I even had one happen to me, but quite frankly, I think it's all BS. I believe there are things we currently have no understanding of, but in time we will. However, I don't believe they are ghosts and goblins and demons and all kinds of strange beasties that go bump in the night and psychic abilities and telekinesis and all of that hocus pocus crap. That said, I want to hear the rest of cali's story!!! And everyone elses too!! I have shelves and shelves full of horror books about hauntings and all kinds of paranormal events. My favorite books growing up were Amityville Horror and this book called The Demonoligist about this couple named Ed and Lorraine Warren who were self proclaimed demonologists/exorcists/psychics. The book is a chronicle of the "hauntings" they investigated. Creepy shit for sure!!!!
6/21/05 9:22 PM
Redneck
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjjdna your same post could apply to religion just as aptly. The difference there though is that scientific tests have been done on the supernatural and the results were astounding. The scientists concluded that what they were observing would qualify as 'supernatural'. The intelligence and defense depts of major governments utilise people with supernatural powers all the time. Science is yet to conduct tests on mythical Gods and conclude that they exist.
6/21/05 9:24 PM
angryinch

"The difference there though is that scientific tests have been done on the supernatural and the results were astounding. The scientists concluded that what they were observing would qualify as 'supernatural'. The intelligence and defense depts of major governments utilise people with supernatural powers all the time." lmao!!! umm...no they don't. they use quacks who claim to have supernatural abilities. Like I said, there's a million bucks waiting for the first person who can prove it.
6/21/05 9:27 PM
crescentwrench
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The results were not astounding, quit trolling. If they were astounding they wouldn't need Predator drones and satellite imagery.
6/21/05 9:28 PM
Redneck
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"lmao!!! umm...no they don't. they use quacks who claim to have supernatural abilities." Maybe in the cases you are thinking of, not in the cases im referring to. "Like I said, there's a million bucks waiting for the first person who can prove it." Yeah right, that challenge is about as legit as the Gracie challenge. Randi has so many conditions it's ridiculous. It also might be difficult for Russian or Chinese peasants to fly to the USA to try and claim the prize. The governments would not allow these people to flaunt their powers in any case.
6/21/05 9:32 PM
momita

I didn't upload the pics for a week or so after, was kinda in a funk. Then Costco told me I could upload to their site & then just go pick them up. So I finally sat down & when I got to the last pic, I thought my camera had messed up, there weren't white cobwebs when I was there, I kept looking at it, then my hair felt static like or whatever you call it, I looked & thought I was seeing things, then when my friend came in, asked me how Oscar's pic got there. She was freaked & crying so hard, so I knew it wasn't just me seeing him.
6/21/05 9:33 PM
angryinch

"Yeah right, that challenge is about as legit as the Gracie challenge. Randi has so many conditions it's ridiculous. It also might be difficult for Russian or Chinese peasants to fly to the USA to try and claim the prize. The governments would not allow these people to flaunt their powers in any case." funny how there's always a litany of excuses. Oh, and foreign governments HAVE sent people over for the randi challenge. They were all either caught cheating or just couldn't do shit.
6/21/05 9:34 PM
angryinch

ummm..the kid in that second picture looks kinda scary
6/21/05 9:35 PM
Redneck

"The results were not astounding, quit trolling" Being able to remove threads from sealed glass jars isnt astounding? Being able to move objects without touching them isnt astounding? Being able to teleport items from one place to another isnt astounding? Remote viewing isnt astounding? The USA, Russia and China all have remote viewing programs. What about the extensive use of psychics in police muder investigations these days? Sure it could be a crock but their strike rate is impressive and why do the police keep using them if there's nothing to it?
6/21/05 9:36 PM
angryinch

"What about the extensive use of psychics in police muder investigations these days? Sure it could be a crock but their strike rate is impressive and why do the police keep using them if there's nothing to it?" their success rate is no better than someone throwing out random guesses. Again, if any of those things were really true, they would all be millionaires right now.
6/21/05 9:37 PM
angryinch

"Being able to remove threads from sealed glass jars isnt astounding? Being able to move objects without touching them isnt astounding? Being able to teleport items from one place to another isnt astounding? Remote viewing isnt astounding? The USA, Russia and China all have remote viewing programs." You're right. All of these things are quite astounding. They would be even more astounding if anyone could really do them!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.