UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> Believe in Supernatural???

6/21/05 10:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cakegirl
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jun-05
This is better than the Bold and the Beautiful - great episode drama! What was it, Cali?
6/21/05 10:46 PM
angryinch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so WTF did you see?!?!?!
6/21/05 10:46 PM
cali_grrl

Rereading this shit makes me realize how fucking crazy it all sounds...Oh well, it's 20 years later, and I can look at it from the safety of hindsight. Sidenote: After that night, I told my Mom about some of the random shit that had been happening to me, and she took me right to the priest. He came to our house to sprinkle the place with holy water and bless it...after that the "sensations" went away, along with the slamming doors, and other shit. My Mom then started putting rice in every windowsil lol I didn't really want to talk about it anymore, especially now that I didn't get the "sensation" anymore. But I tried to draw what it was that I thought I saw. So apparently what I saw was a cloaked man rocking in my Father's rocking chair. I couldn't see his face, but there was an eery glow all around him, and he was all hazy. It wasn't until a few weeks after the session that my cousin comes up to me and says, "So Mom says that you've seen the Grim Reaper", and continues to tell me that he represents death. Lots of other random bullshit happened during that two month period...but nothing that I could definitely attribute to the supernatural. Since that experience, I can honestly say I feel I have a personal relationship with "God/Higher Being" whatever it was, and pray to him/it/her often. I'm not terribly religious, but have definitely developed a strong spirituality because of what I went through. I remember hearing lots of my Mom's friends trying to analyze what was happening, and most of them came to the conclusion that it was like a poltergeist type experience that is essentially developed in a childs mind, and manifested in physical sensations and unexplained events. Who knows. All I know is that I will never second guess the supernatural again. /crazy girl talk :) Cali "I see dead people" Grrl
6/21/05 10:49 PM
SatanJR

delusions of an 8 year old child who just went through a major tragedy = proof of the "super natural"
6/21/05 11:00 PM
cali_grrl

Satan: lol...trust me. I KNOW it sounds fucking delusional. Recounting the story makes me think the same thing...but like I said, there was shit that was happening that OTHER people were witness to. Random door slammings (and no drafts throughout the house), my room being significantly colder than the rest of my home, items being misplaced and moved, only to be found in absurd places (My Mother had a decorative bracelet that I loved, and one day it went missing. I was the logical person to blame, but had NEVER touched it. We found it years later tucked way back in a cupboard that I couldn't even reach with a chair behind some old linens). I had so many random things happen to me during that time, that I started to think that shit was normal. I'm not trying to convince anyone about the validity of the story or the supernatural...just recounting an experience that I had, and remember vividly, that has molded my own beliefs about the Supernatural. :) Cali
6/21/05 11:06 PM
angryinch

cool. I had similar experiences. as I grew older and researched the subject matter intensively, I eventually realized it was all caused by an overactive imagination. I had feelings of being watched, I was afraid of being alone in certain rooms because I felt a "presence" in them, I actually saw a "ghost", things ended up in strange places, food disappeared even though no one ate it, strange marks would show up on plants, the dog would bark at empty corners as if there was someone or something there, I saw curtains move by themselves right in front of me, etc..etc... The mind is a powerful thing. I do love good ghost stories though. what satanjr said pretty much sums it up for me "delusions of an 8 year old child who just went through a major tragedy = proof of the "super natural""
6/21/05 11:09 PM
cali_grrl

Perhaps you're right. It may have been group think at work and just because one person commented on seeing/hearing/sensing things the other thought they did too. I think most everything could be explained that way, including the coldness of my room. But I remember folks commenting on it, before I ever said anything. As you said, the mind is a powerful thing... momita: I'm sorry if I missed it in an earlier post, but I went back again and didn't see it...how was it that your son died? :) Cali
6/21/05 11:10 PM
angryinch

Edited: 21-Jun-05 11:18 PM
"It may have been group think at work and just because one person commented on seeing/hearing/sensing things the other thought they did too." yep..the mind is a powerful thing, as is the power of suggestion. "But I remember folks commenting on it, before I ever said anything." it's easy to get your memories jumbled after 20 years, especially when it seems you had been in a highly suggestible state back then. Memories of things like this, especially timelines of certain events when we were very young, are often very inaccurate. BTW, it is very possible that your room really was colder than the rest of the house. I'm not saying it wasn't, or that your memories about people mentioning it are definitely wrong. I'm just saying that there are numerous likely explanations for this other than calling it a supernatural event.
6/21/05 11:18 PM
cali_grrl

angry: I have a freakish memory. I don't doubt that I remember the details pretty accurately. I could probably give you a minute to minute synopsis of my Father's funeral and have it all confirmed via videotape. I've always had that gift/curse of a photographic like memory. I also kept a journal during that time (suggested by the the-rapist) that documents all the random shit pretty well. I didn't need to remember it as accurately as I do. Like I said earlier...I could care less if anyone believes it or not. I generally don't share the story trying to convince anyone...just sharing my own view and beliefs on the subject :) :) Cali
6/21/05 11:20 PM
angryinch

Edited: 21-Jun-05 11:21 PM
"angry: I have a freakish memory. I don't doubt that I remember the details pretty accurately." I was editing my above post as you were writing this. Read it again. And I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm just saying that your interpretation of the events leads to the wrong conclusion if that conclusion is supernatural causes. Remember, I've seen a bunch of similar things myself.
6/21/05 11:21 PM
JimmyG
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFO's - Gov aircraft. Ghosts - Shadows and tricks of the eye combined with irrational fear. Maybe they are visions of time past or future due to time/space anomaly, but not likely. Psychics - Snake Oil for the modern man.
6/21/05 11:22 PM
Majic Sam
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right brain meets left brain?Time/space as a human construct?Words fail us?Monkey-bannana? I have me some suspiction....
6/21/05 11:24 PM
vster

Cali thanks for sharing. BPD Lime Belt
6/21/05 11:25 PM
JimmyG
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigfoot - real.
6/21/05 11:33 PM
Iceberg Slim

I don't believe in an afterlife, or the supernatural. I am willing to believe that there are people who have some form of ESP, though, which could explain quite a bit about "ghost" experiences.
6/21/05 11:43 PM
El_Varaco
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't seen nor experienced anything remotely supernatural in my life. A lot of people around me have though, which leads me to believe that I am already dead and they are experiencing my ghost
6/21/05 11:56 PM
GeeRoxx

cali_grrl, Maybe you had sleep apnea/paralysis? http://sleepdisorders.about.com/cs/hallucinations/a/terrorparalysis.htm My cousin and I use to mess around that withcboard stuff when I was about your age when relatives passed away. I remember I got freaked out and had trouble sleeping for a long time and would get that floating sensation, trouble breathing, paralysis while sleeping or even feeling some demonic prescence by my bedside or hovering above. Same shit you were describing and really scary stuff. However as I grew older and stopped believing in a lot of that stuff and everything went away. When I started reading on sleep apnea everything made sense. Just my thoughts.
6/22/05 12:10 AM
Jenny

Edited: 22-Jun-05
i have had some scary experiences, including what i believe was the ghost of an old lady who died in my last house and/or her cat. baby-powderish clouds of old lady perfume breezing through all the time in the new addition. appliances in the new addition turning themselves on all the time. i watched my bedroom door open more than once, and i mean watched the handle turn. had a "cat" jump on the bed and walk up the covers over me (except there was no cat there). i made plans to leave after the first "cat incident" but there was one more incident which included an indentation of the mattress right beside me -- as if someone sat there. i couldn't sleep at night for the longest time. i wish i could blame the appliances on faulty wiring, but i have no knowledge of such things. or the baby-powder perfume on an overzealous Avon loving neighbor, but there were none. or the door opening by itself on the "house settling", but the fact was that i had chosen such plush carpeting for the new addition that you had to push the doors a little. i mean, i tried to "logic it away" but even if i could, how do i explain the "cat"? i am fascinated and scared silly by such things. i am the kind of person who would be scared to death to go on a "haunted house tour" but would go anyway because i wouldn't be able to help myself. so yes, i believe in the supernatural. and even if it were proven that the above (and other) experiences were no more than manifestations of my own craziness, it is just as fascinating and scary to be that crazy.
6/22/05 12:11 AM
JimmyG

*shakes head*
6/22/05 12:15 AM
jonwell
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*shakes Jimmy's head*
6/22/05 12:20 AM
Jenny

it's all fun and games until the clown doll isn't sitting in the chair anymore.
6/22/05 12:21 AM
Dougie«
1093 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes I believe in Randy Couture!
6/22/05 12:21 AM
JimmyG

I don't have a clown doll. POLTERGEISTPWNED!
6/22/05 12:22 AM
RickF1

ttt
6/22/05 12:36 AM
Redneck
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I don't have a clown doll. " Look under the bed Jimmy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.