UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Adobe Premiere Pro question

6/25/05 1:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheDigitalRuler
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jun-05

I just got adode premiere pro 1.5, and it seems like it has every feature I'll ever need. However, I'm having problems playing back video from the timeline in the sequence window. I can preview any clip fine in the monitor window, but then if I drag the same clip down to an empty timeline and then try to play from there, the framerate is abysmal (about 2 fps) and a lot of the times frames appear out of sequence. My cpu usage also goes up to 100%. Even just dragging the current time indicator aroud the timeline brings my cpu usage up around 90%, and I have 'Play audio while scrubbing' disabled... I have an AMD Athlon XP 2800, a gig of RAM, and a Radeon 9600, so I would think that my system should be able to handle this. Anybody have any idea what my problem is?
6/30/05 10:11 AM
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jun-05
Are you talking about trying to view clips in the source monitor (vs. the program monitor)? If so, the source monitor is for viewing the clips from the project bin (where you import the clip to). You mark any ins or outs there and when you drop the clip onto the timeline it'll already be trimmed appropriately. Hope this helps. shannonberry@655321productions.com
6/30/05 10:28 AM
TheDigitalRuler
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jun-05
No, I haven't had any problems creating in and out points, previewing in the source monitor, and dropping trimmed clips onto the timeline. But when I try to play from the timeline, even if there is just a single video clip with no effects and no audio, my cpu usage jumps to 100% and the video in the sequence monitor (not the source monitor) is unwatchable. Like I said, my system should be able to handle this. Sony Vegas runs smoothly, even with a higher preview reslution and more clips in the timeline than Premiere. I prefer the interface on Premiere, though, so I'd really like to get this software to work.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.