UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> question for Tony witha difference

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Tony, I have some questions for you that regard a different aspect of your training....basically I was looking through an old martial arts mag...and saw one of your tapes been advertised called 'Up close and personal' which mentions you having a connection with Stallone. This made we wonder over a few things.....Though these questions are not going to challenge your Mental Edge knowledge I hope you dont mind me asking... Firstly...Stallone is very much the action man and yet has never indicated an interest in combat arts beyond boxing in Rocky etc.. why do you think this is... Secondly, did you ever think about using such connections with the stars combined with your skill to go into Close Protection work....(I am sure they pay big bucks in celebrity security...) Is Stallone really as big as conveyed on screen in Rambo etc In other words what is his height and weight,...? Did you pick up any weight training tips from him or pass on any of your concepts to him!! Hope you can answer these...plus gives you a chance to do some names dropping.....! (I'll make my next post more conflict related..and intense!) Thanks!
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
HI AD: Here are your replies... Firstly...Stallone is very much the action man and yet has never indicated an interest in combat arts beyond boxing in Rocky etc.. why do you think this is... ANSWER: He actually did do some kali in one of the Rambo flicks and has integrated some martial arts in others. There was a lot of street/ground stuff in Rocky 5 that was introduced by stunt coordinator Bobby Bass after a three hour conversation I had with him on John Wayne punches vs. real street fights. Secondly, did you ever think about using such connections with the stars combined with your skill to go into Close Protection work....(I am sure they pay big bucks in celebrity security...) ANSWER: Thought about it...but it's not for me. I'm a trainer and have trained several bodyguards. Is Stallone really as big as conveyed on screen in Rambo etc In other words what is his height and weight,...? ANSWER: Actually he is about 5'8". We're about the dsame height. There's a picture of him and me on my site in the photogallery Did you pick up any weight training tips from him or pass on any of your concepts to him!! ANSWER: No training tips and when I hung with him it was as a consultant on Rocky 5 while working with Tommy Morrison. I repsected Sly's psace regarding my interests. We did spend more time together than most people woking on the set and discussed a lot of fighting and boxing etc. He has a set of my PANIC ATTACK tapes. Tony
AD

Thanks for your time Tony and thorough answer.... I forgot the stick fight in Rambo 3...also remember the first one where he breaks out of jail...he uses alot of military style unarmed combat moves etc. Also in Cobra I think there is a bit of stand up grappling and a few open hand strikes... 5ft 8....! I thought he was about 6ft..I think he ways about 175 to 185 Next post I gonna mention a concept known as the reserved defence....I look forward to your view on this Tony.... thanks again

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.