UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Which Camera is best?

7/4/05 12:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
drew1220
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Jul-05

Ok now im asking out of curiosity, note im not going out tomorrow to buy the camera but have strongly considered it in near future.. I was wondering for all the professional (or people at least know what the hell there talking about) which camera should I go with.. I have always wanted to get the Canon Rebel 8.1 mega-pixel digital camera, and get some swappable lenses for better depth and focus...But that price of $999.00 dollars never budges... SOOOOOOO.. I just noticed a 8 mega-pixel Nikon for $899.00 I know it's only a hundred bucks less but not sure if it's overall better then the rebel Keep in mind im know photographer just want a comparable camera that will always deliver professional shots, I have thought about taking a beginners class though.. Any thoughts
7/4/05 10:53 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 04-Jul-05
The Canon RebelXT is a great camera for that price range.
7/6/05 12:04 AM
drew1220

Edited: 06-Jul-05
I made a mistake... that Nikon is only a 6.1 mega-pixel Now is this wasting money in your opinion since im not a photographer..one dude was saying that It was a big waste of money for me basically making it sound like its too much camera for myself
7/6/05 11:58 AM
Lynn@Renzos

It might be overkill but it really depends on your financial situation. It is an amazing camera that takes great photos for the price. If money isn't an object, go for it. You may be a novice now, but this investment may push you more than a $200 camera will. You might be of the mindset that a larger investment will make you work harder to get better at your art.
7/6/05 10:17 PM
drew1220

Ya not only am I hoping for good pictures for my family memories but im also a graphic designer and I figured I could take some of my own stock photos to work with..Plus im looking to start breeding reptiles here soon like in next year so im gonna need good closeups of the beardies to catch there colors/patterns
7/6/05 10:23 PM
Lynn@Renzos

You'll be happy with this camera. It is a solid camera. I shoot with the EOS 20D. It feels better in my hand and is a step up. I use it for shooting stills for my films and other projects. I love canon digital SLRs. They are great!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.