UnderGround Forums

Português UnderGround >> How Much Do You know of Brasil?

7/15/05 3:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
powerhockey17
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Jul-05

A QUIZ! TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF BRAZIL This little test emphasizes popular culture from the 1950s to the 80s. Most Brazilians would probably do quite well. Foreigners would not get more than 50%, unless having lived in Brazil for many years. 1. Who are Bidu and Monica? 2. Who is the little guy in the movie Macunaima? 3. What is a pororoca? 4. The name of the actress in the original version of the popular soap Selva de Pedra (the Stone Jungle)? 5. What are pitu, ypioca and 51? 6. Who said: If it is for the general welfare and the happiness of the nation, tell the people I will stay.(Se e para o bem geral de todos, e a felicidade da nacao, diga ao povo que fico) 7. At what event did the audience sit quietly for over an hour after it ended? When and where? 8. Who told us what the women of the state of Bahia have? 9. What was Canudos? 10. What was the name of the popular mystic priest in the Northeast, whose statue overlooks Juazeiro do Norte. 11. What is The Faithful (A Fiel)? 12. What president commited suicide? 13. Who are Vava, Didi and Zito? 14. If Rio is the city of a thousand enchantments, Sao Paulo is the city of ......? 15. What two women put the resort city of Buzios on the map. 16. What popular singer is known as Marron (brown)? 17. Who is Saci Perere? 18. What was the name of the rhino elected to the city counsel in Sao Paulo? 19. Who is Senor Abravanel? 20. Who said: to govern is to build roads. 21. Name three of the five major performers from the 60s TV show "Jovem Guarda 22. Who wrote: The Northeasterner is, first of all, a strong man! (O nordestino e, antes de tudo, um forte)? 23. The name of the late author of many 8 PM soap operas, married to Dias Gomes? 24. What do MPB and MDB mean? 25. The name of the person referred to as the Knight of Hope (Cavalheiro da Esperanca), also known for a long march? Bonus Question: What do Jefferson Davis and Leonel Brizola have in common?
7/16/05 3:57 AM
powerhockey17

Edited: 16-Jul-05
but at least you made the attempt, I was lucky to get 35% right..LOL!
8/9/05 5:56 PM
cabecao
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Aug-05
Open Door Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Ususally people that are from Brasil know pretty much all these questions... I not really know the purpose of the post but I got 97% of the questions... Do I get a prize for it?
11/26/05 12:49 PM
BALEIA
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Nov-05
15. Brigette Bardot
11/28/05 10:12 PM
Perry H

Edited: 28-Nov-05
I definetly know what Pitu is... I remember getting so drunk on the pitu/honey drink that I fell flat on the road. My brazilian friends had to help me up and take me home. hahaha

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.