UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Best Mountainland in U.S.A

7/17/05 12:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Savitar
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Jul-05 12:56 PM
Check out stealitback.org for cheap ass land auctions. Damn, didn't know Alaska no longer allowed homesteading.
7/17/05 12:49 PM
The Cimmerian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Jul-05
lol, my mom lives in Pagosa Springs, Co and i love it up there. At first i was a little turned off since I equated wilderness with deep woods like in the north or east coast, but that nice dry air with beautiful open vistas grows on ya.
7/17/05 3:03 PM
amorphous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Parts of Utah are very pretty...
7/17/05 6:34 PM
rhino x2
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

northen AZ or mid az isnt hot but 3 months of the year. Its not worse than other places. The elevation is like 5000ft so not alot of heat. Bisbee AZ is cool as shit too, very good climate. You do get all 4 seasons in most of AZ besies southern AZ and PHX. I own a home in PHX and yes its hotter than shit there from late april to late sept, but I use to go camping in north central AZ, n. AZ and up higher you get all 4 seasons up by Sedona, Cottonwood, Payson, Pine ect..... ? You dont want heat but you dont want winter ????? uhh most mountain areas are gonna have pretty bad winters. Idaho, Montana, n. colorado can have pretty long and cold winters especially in the mountains. S.D is a nice area too. The black hills are very pretty but I think expensive now too. Were about 20 years late buying Mnt land. Its a bitch getting supplies up there drilling a well ect.. My plan is to some day get a summer cabin / ski cabin somewhere up in the mnts. A place that can accomidate you for a few weeks at a time. Jobs, transportation and $$$ make living in the mnts hard full time.
7/17/05 7:44 PM
toelocku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'Parts of Utah are very pretty...' which parts? '? You dont want heat but you dont want winter ?????' uh, i said the winter in ALASKA! a lot different than the lower 48. but northern arizona is an option. 'uhh most mountain areas are gonna have pretty bad winters. Idaho, Montana, n. colorado can have pretty long and cold winters especially in the mountains.' long winters i can handle, winter ten month out of the year i cant. 'My plan is to some day get a summer cabin / ski cabin somewhere up in the mnts. A place that can accomidate you for a few weeks at a time. Jobs, transportation and $$$ make living in the mnts hard full time.' building a cabin is my plan also, and hard livin is better than city livin, all day.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.