UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Ring Neck Snakes

7/18/05 11:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Khun Kao
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jul-05

I saw on another message board that a guy found a Ring Neck Snake in his house. He's interested in keeping it as a pet. I have advised against this because from reading and personal experience, Ring Neck Snakes do not do well in captivity, they tend to stop eating. However, if one were to attempt to keep one as a pet, does anyone have any suggestions on how best to do so for the safety of the snake? What kind of terrarium? What kind of lighting? What kind of food? I suggested that the terrarium have objects which the snake can easily hide underneath, because I recall that these snakes seem to prefer hiding underneath rocks and such..... I also advised the guy that if he does attempt to keep the snake, he should release it within a few days if he notices that it is not eating.
7/26/05 7:25 PM
Trust
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jul-05
IMO, If he can't get it to eat nightcrawlers, then he needs to let it go. If I recall correctly, they eat earthworms when they're young, but adults will eat other snakes and small lizards.
8/13/05 10:49 AM
colubrid1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Aug-05
The western ringnecks eat the slender salamaders.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.