UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Shark Week on Discovery

7/18/05 4:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PetaPan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jul-05
Amadeus, in case you were referring to my name... I may be a freak, but not a peta freak :)
7/18/05 4:13 PM
EvilDylan

they also tested whether a shark could break through a shark cage swimming at full speed. that myth was confirmed they tested whether or not a shark could bust through a ships hull also. I believe that was confirmed as well.
7/18/05 4:19 PM
SyrioForel
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diary of a Shark Man is being by far the best Shark Week show next to Air Jaws.
7/18/05 4:27 PM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"shit it's long been proven that pushing on a sharks nose will stop it in it's tracks. it screws up their equalibrium and affects their nervous system." It's long been proven that pushing on a shark's nose will funnel your hand down their tapered nose into their gaping maw. You punch them in the gill area if possible, but anywhere you can. No way am I putting even more of my body parts near the one dangerous part on a shark.
7/18/05 10:50 PM
GucciGucciGucci
824 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That "Scientist" who was bitten by the bull sharks was a tard. Reminds me of that Grizzly bear "expert" who was killed a few years ago by a bear. You can stop a shark from attacking by pushing on it's nose. All of the sensing nerves on the nose are disrupted if touched while it's eating. Saw it on a science show. Some guy was hanging a piece of meat off the side of a boat. Just as a shark was about to bite the meat, the dude would push against the shark's snout and it would turn then away all confused. Look up "ampullae of Lorenzini" on Google.
7/18/05 11:04 PM
quakerlegend

They used reef sharks on Mythbusters, not bull sharks. That was the whole reason they went to the bahamas.
7/19/05 8:13 PM
max power
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jul-05
the shark nose pusher dude is mental. he has 2 kids 11 and 14 that spearfish off the island where the great whites breech for seals!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.