UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> increae student enrollment

7/28/05 6:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DATC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jul-05

I am a new martial arts instructor. in the month of august I am planning for students. Any suggestions on what to do? Please email me at DATC67@hotmail.com Thank-you
8/3/05 6:44 PM
Seul
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Aug-05
Don't teach very many forms, if any.... and If you do teach more than just one or two, don't hold them responsible for more than a couple. Forms suck.....
8/4/05 12:55 AM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Aug-05
sorry to let you in on this, but August is NOT a good month for new students... you'll find it hard to get new ones, August is to focus on existing students and plans for the future... want new students, there is only one completely reliable way to get them, ADVERTISE, you may think you have the best school in the world, but if joe average doesn't hear about you, he isn't going to join
8/4/05 10:11 AM
Willybone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Aug-05
It's true. Ads in the local weekly papers did very well for my old HKD school.
Work your location. Make sure you've got visible signage. Lots of people choose their MA school based on what's convenient. If they're seeing your sign all the time, they'll know it's not a place out of their way.
Again, my HKD school used to put people on the sidewalk in front, flyers in their hands, and a TV showing demo tables behind them. I personally got a number of people to come in and sign up just by standing there and answering their questions. They might be too nervous to come, but if you're just standing there...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.