UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Beach Fishing

7/29/05 10:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WowUTapFast
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Jul-05

Hey guys, I am heading to Long Beach Island for vacation this week. I figured I could do some fishing from the beach. Can you guys give me some tips tonight? I am leaving tomorrow. I have a shorecast(?) rod or whatever. One that I can cast from the beach. I have some of those triangle weights and plan on sticking some clams or squid on the hooks and just leave it there for Fluke or whatever else might bite. Any other tips? How far do I have to cast? better bait? anything?
8/1/05 2:23 PM
Pretjah
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Aug-05
well i don't know about jersey shore but right now surf fishing off the beach in oc md is pulling alot of kingfish and spot. which you would want to use small hooks for and use squid or blood worms. but like i said that's OC MD not NJ
8/2/05 10:43 PM
Cire
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Aug-05
I could not tell ya anything for Atlantic surf fishing. Down here in Galveston, you can wade out forever. I normally will use a castnet to catch bait, but occasionally will buy mullet, croaker, shrimp, mudfish, if they are cheap.
8/4/05 3:47 PM
john76
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Aug-05
Wade out a little and cast the line past the breakers. Then just plop the pole in to a PVC holder and wait. Sometimes croaker will start hitting right in the breakers. You can bring a small rod for them and keep casting and retrieving. Squid always works well. Just ask one of the tackle shops where they've been hitting and what folks have been using. I haven't been surf fishing at all yet this year but LBI is usually where I go.
8/6/05 5:27 PM
WowUTapFast

Edited: 06-Aug-05
Hey guys, Thanks for the input. I was away and couldnt check these posts. Things worked out well. I didnt get a chance to do any surf fishing, but did take my nephew on a party boat for some fluking. Oddly enough, 10 minutes after I cast, I feel a HARD hit on the line. after a 10 minute battle, I brought in a 16+lb Blue fish....man what a fight. That thing was huge. Plus I won the pool...$115 woo hoo!!
7/25/06 2:10 AM
ECWCock

Edited: 25-Jul-06
Kittens are good for surf fishing. Slice it up...you want it bloody.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.