UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Adam K in Thailand

8/3/05 6:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJJStudent
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Aug-05

I am purple belt who just moved to Bangkok. I was really worried about progressing with my training in BK. However, I read many positive posts on this site about Adam K's BJJ. I have been training with Adam K twice a week for the last 3 weeks in private lessons and he is very good. He's one of the best brown belts I have trained with, and everyone was dead-on about the high quality of training Adam offers.
8/3/05 1:07 PM
Matt Thornton
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Aug-05
Very true, Adam is excellent.
8/4/05 3:22 PM
kikenyoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Aug-05
My wife is Thai and we are taking about moving back there someday and I had the same concerns as you. Can you give me some more info: Where is he in Bangkok? How much does he charge? Gi, no gi, or both? Group classes or only privates? Khob koon krap!
8/4/05 11:35 PM
BJJStudent

Edited: 04-Aug-05
Adam is at the BFC-bangkok fight club (check out their site for more info). He trains gi and no gi. I believe he is in Thailand for one more year, as he is training and fighting in muay thai fights.
8/5/05 4:31 AM
kikenyoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Aug-05
Thanks for the info.
8/6/05 1:21 AM
chad5781

Edited: 06-Aug-05
That is awsome! What are you doing to make money so that you can live there? I am flying up there the end of Aug. till the end of Sept. I visited Bangkok and Chang mai two years ago with matt.. I can't wait to go back. I am also thinking of making a drastic move like that. I am planning on saving all of the money I make Valeting cars for a 5 star hotel and putting it towards a deposit on a house here in South Fla. or living in Phuket for along time... I would definetly like to meet with you and do some training. I only heard of the Bangkok fight club that trains BJJ.. Chad Angelocci
8/6/05 1:28 AM
chad5781

Does anyone have Kon (from Singapore) email?
8/6/05 7:56 AM
BJJStudent

Chad, Shoot me an e-mail at pdenzau@hotmail.com. For a job, I got employed through a manufacturing congolmerate. Also, I picked up Kon's info from the SBGI site Affiliated Training Groups Hammer Headz Gym - SBGi Singapore ATG Contact: Kon H Quek Tel: 9677 1737 Email: hheadz@hotmail.com
9/10/05 7:43 AM
melvinferd

Edited: 10-Sep-05
for those planning a trip to thailand and hope to do some training with adam, i believe hes there until about april next year. he plans to return to brazil to train with brazilian top team. hes had 2 pro muay thai fights so far and plans on more before he leaves. he trains 5 or 6 days a week in a thai camp and teaches bjj and mma at night.
9/14/05 7:43 PM
LEMon
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Sep-05
Adam is my bro and he is awesome and was my coach for many many years. He has a MASSIVE technical knowledge and is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet. I hope he's doing well over there and comes back to aus soon!
9/22/05 11:54 PM
KDTA

Edited: 22-Sep-05
from the man himself: he will be back in Malaysia sometime next February and then hopping back to Brasil to brush up his game and then back in Malaysia permanently
9/26/05 4:43 AM
BJJStudent

Edited: 26-Sep-05
KDTA, I didn't see Adam this weekend, but the prior week he told that he was leaving for Brazil in April. Anyways, hope he stays a little longer, otherwise not to many people to train with here.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.