UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> NASA hippy: "Earth is damaged!"

8/5/05 3:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PatK
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Aug-05
She's not even a soccer mom, she looks more like a dyke that teaches gym class.
8/5/05 3:40 PM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, because science is about image. How many of you fuckers are astronauts?
8/5/05 3:53 PM
FrankyBigguns
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMFAO @ Erosion Any Geologist, including hobby geologists such as myself, would say it was the eco system's fault.
8/5/05 4:25 PM
PatK
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" Yes, because science is about image. How many of you fuckers are astronauts?" I know you feel the need to defend your brethren and everything, but you have to admit, there seems to be much less admiration for astronauts these days, as opposed the 60s and 70s. Back then, they were looked on as crazy motherfuckers, like modern-day cowboys, explorers, or pioneers. Now, nobody seems to give a shit. If they were exploring into deep space or encountering aliens, people would give a shit. But the average Joe really doesn't care how the cells of flowers divide in zero gravity.
8/5/05 4:33 PM
supersonic
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zip Zin, i hear you man and agree with you. Patk you are putting it perfectly.
8/5/05 4:40 PM
crescentwrench
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Science isn't about image, but that gal seems to be trying to make it that way. I guess she was comparing what she saw to prehistoric satellite photos before concluding that what she saw was because of us?
8/5/05 4:44 PM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" know you feel the need to defend your brethren and everything, but you have to admit, there seems to be much less admiration for astronauts these days, as opposed the 60s and 70s." Well, yeah, you are true on that. That chick isn't going to be punching any moon-landing hoaxers in the face anytime soon. "I guess she was comparing what she saw to prehistoric satellite photos before concluding that what she saw was because of us?" Yeah, the article could use some more specifics. Anyway, the fact that she is claiming environmental damage is happening does not prove she is an ignorant hippy dyke.
8/5/05 5:00 PM
Fraser

And any female who isn't both hot and willing is a dyke...
8/5/05 5:46 PM
crescentwrench
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neocons also like to make sweeping ad hominem characterizations. Oops.
8/5/05 6:29 PM
Jack Carter
637 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Astronauts seemed cooler in the 60's and 70's because they weren't telling you that you had to do some work and maybe try and consume less shit in a given day. now that everyone is smarter, we're realizing these things." Wrong. You totally missed the mark. "people don't like being told to consume less and to try and pollute as little as possible." They do, but they don't want to be told to do it be hippies and whiny cry babies. "it involves changes in lifestyle that are seen as "difficult" and lot of males feel those changes are emasculating. I'm not sure why." God you're an idiot.
8/5/05 6:36 PM
Jack Carter
637 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" Gee, an astronaut goes into space and can see the obvious destruction of the environment." No, when she says that we have "so little air" already and that the atmosphere "looks thin"..... that makes her suspect of being a hippie. I feel sorry for her crew. They might not make it back alive because their captain is too busy spreading HYPOCRITICAL hippie propaganda. The soccer mom aint doing it for me. The soccer mom isn't in outer space. The dyke hippy is.
8/5/05 6:39 PM
Jack Carter

Edited: 05-Aug-05 06:42 PM
" I just don't understand the reactions to environmental concerns..." You're an idiot, you really are. I recycle. I don't drive an SUV. I never choose styrofoam. You are an idiot who does not know what he is talking about. "Whatever your stance on global warming is, what does global warming have to do with being a liberal or a hippy or a gay guy?" Because those who are shoving global warming and the junk science behind it (not the real science) not only are dominantly leftists, but MAKE IT POLITICAL THEMSELVES. Again, you are an idiot. The rest of your message is just stupid.
8/5/05 6:41 PM
Jack Carter

"a complete rejection anytime someone in the media suggests that "we ain't living right". Who's rejecting it? Who'ssaying than mankind isn't taking its toll on the earth - at least in regards to our well-being? You're an idiot making shit up.
8/5/05 7:34 PM
PatK

Edited: 05-Aug-05 07:42 PM
"Anyway, the fact that she is claiming environmental damage is happening does not prove she is an ignorant hippy dyke." Fraser, if that's directed at me, I'm not saying she's a dyke because she's claiming environmental damage. It's because she looks more like the typical dyke I see walking around my neighborhood than a soccer mom, like somebody said she looked like. My comments are all more about the "astronauts aren't as cool as they used to be" statement. Probably should have started a seperate thread, since I think it's an interesting topic. People just don't seem to be as thrilled about astronauts as they did when I was a kid. However, I do find it comical that people are rushing to her defense when she is a scientist in math and economics and is probably about as qualified to comment on environmental damage as I am, or anyone else on this thread. I mean, she's a scientist, in a completely unrelated discipline, but that doesn't matter, because none of us are, right?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.