UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Favorite BJJ Book

8/9/05 2:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
karasu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Aug-05

There are now a lot a great BJJ books on the market, so just curious which is your favorite and why?
8/9/05 2:51 PM
sovann

Fighter's Notebook for sentimental reasons one of the best Christmas gifts I ever got :).
8/9/05 5:03 PM
truemanc1

I got a few, but I must say I like the passing the guard book for Gi, a good deal of clear fundamentals and some good techniques, it was by a couple of brown belts that just knocked it up, I was not expecting such a good book.
9/2/05 12:16 AM
andrewn

Edited: 02-Sep-05
JJ Machado's books have some nice techs in them. Rigan's Triangle book with DVD is great info and value. Mastering JuJitsu is fascinating for the history and more, and John Danaher's writing is a joy to behold. The Gracie Way is great for motivation ... lots of fascinating anecdotes ... a bit biased IMO in some areas, especially where the matches with Saku are concerned, but this is a minor criticism. The photo of Rorion's (I think?) birthday cake when he was a kid is an all time classic.
9/2/05 1:53 PM
Indrek R.
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The books i´ve seen have mostly been crap if you want a honest opinion...some are ok, but... there are good instructionals and really really bad instructionals (videos), but i´ve never seen a really good book...
9/2/05 3:56 PM
Zero1
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a lot of books and it is true a lot of them are a waste of money if you buy them. But there are a few exeptions: The Guard Passing book is great The Gracie Way is great for motivation Winning Wrestling moves is great for stand up
9/3/05 3:09 AM
Indrek R.
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Sep-05
I think the guard passing book was ok... but it still could have been done so much better... especially by two blackbelts... :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.