UnderGround Forums

Utah Underground >> MMA event in Utah?

8/12/05 7:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zviggy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Aug-05

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of a MAM event being held in Utah, around a week after the upcoming UFC? Iv heard of a rumour that Australian fighter Sam Nest will be taking part in it. Just trying to confirm. Regards, Chris
8/16/05 2:34 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 16-Aug-05
There's a show almost every Saturday at Sandy Station. The UCE finals show is the weekend after the UFC at the Delta Center. http://www.ucombat.com
8/17/05 2:51 AM
Zviggy

Edited: 17-Aug-05
Thanks for your help DJ. Iv actualyl found out that Sam Nest will be fighting on this show.
8/17/05 5:21 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 17-Aug-05 05:23 PM
As far as I know, this is the card for that fight. The order of matches is not yet set. LIT-HVW-NHB Kyacey Uscola (Boise) vs Hank Weiss (Utah) HVW-NHB Paul Waraneki (Boise) vs E Tuiaki (Utah) FEATH-NHB Lee Anderson (Boise) vs Oliver Bradstreet (Utah) New Mexico MID-NHB-185 William Brewer (Utah) vs Sam Vest (New Mexico / Australia) Team Mica LIT-HVW-NHB Justin Shuford (Las Vegas) vs Ma?afu Fosita (Utah) WEL-NHB Blas Avina (Las Vegas) vs Brandon Melendez (Utah) WOM-LIT-NHB Mariana Acevedo (Las Vegas) vs Sherridy Isaacs (Utah) WEL-NHB John Lopez (Las Vegas) vs James Birdsley (Utah) MID-NHB Paulo Junior (Las Vegas)vs Harold Lucambio (Utah) LIT-HVW-NHB Walter Vital (Las Vegas)vs Brian Beebe (Utah) Utah vs Utah NHB-SUP-HVW David Anderton (Utah)vs Lolo Tuiaki (Utah) KB-WEL Juan Pollock (Utah) vs Mickee Porritt (Utah)
8/17/05 5:27 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 17-Aug-05
The fights I am looking forward to are: Blas Avina (Las Vegas) vs Brandon Melendez (Utah) Mariana Acevedo (Las Vegas) vs Sherridy Isaacs (Utah) Kyacey Uscola (Boise) vs Hank Weiss (Utah) The biggest mismatch of the night will be: Walter Vital (Las Vegas)vs Brian Beebe (Utah) Vital is a BJJ Blackbelt and has fought as a professional in a few Jiu-Jitsu competitions. Beebe is a tough guy but he is so far out of his league for this one that it isn't even funny. I'm betting that the show pulls in 6,000+ fans.
8/18/05 7:18 PM
Zviggy

Edited: 18-Aug-05
Just some information about Sam Nest from Australia. His record is a impressive 16-1 including wins over pride veteran Yasuhito Namekawa, Canadian Chris Peak, American Brandon McDowell x2, and tough lithuanian Kestutis Smirnovas. He lost for the first time in his last fight. Looking forward to see how he goes. Any information about his opponant DJColdfusion?
8/18/05 11:29 PM
Zviggy

Edited: 18-Aug-05
8/22/05 7:07 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 22-Aug-05
I've seen 2 of Brewer's 3 fights and he's, well, I don't know . . . lets just say he's never seen the end of the first round. The card for the show has morphed a little. I didn't see Brewer's anme on the list. I'll have to ask the promoter about it and I'll try to get back to you. The card, in no specific order, as it currently stands: August 27th Delta Center Finals Primal Tribe LIT-HVW-NHB Kyacey Uscola (Boise) vs Hank Weiss (Utah) HVW-NHB Paul Waraneki (Boise) vs E Tuiaki (Utah) FEATH-NHB Lee Anderson (Boise) vs Oliver Bradstreet (Utah) Team Mica LIT-HVW-NHB Justin Shuford (Las Vegas) vs Ma?afu Fosita (Utah) WEL-NHB Blas Avina (Las Vegas) vs Brandon Melendez (Utah) WOM-LIT-NHB Mariana Acevedo (Las Vegas) vs Sherridy Isaacs (Utah) WEL-NHB John Lopez (Las Vegas) vs James Birdsley (Utah) MID-NHB Paulo Junior (Las Vegas) vs Harold Lucambio (Utah) LIT-HVW-NHB Walter Vital (Las Vegas) vs Brian Beebe (Utah) LIT-NHB Mica (Machado BJJ Las Vegas) has an opponent with 0 fights, but submission background. I don't have his name yet. vs Dustin Gapusan (Utah) Utah vs Utah KB-WEL Juan Pollock (Utah) vs Mickee Porritt (Utah) Working on: Busta Phatty vs Ivan the Terrible Maniac (205 lbs)called. His fight in Cali. got cancelled. Mica (Vegas) and Tom Supnet (Primal Tribe Fight Club - Idaho) are both looking for opponents for him.
8/22/05 11:02 PM
Zviggy

Edited: 22-Aug-05
Thanks DJ....hopefully a opponant can be found for Sam nest. I hope Sam Nest took his ruggers (aussie work shorts) over to the states. Thats what he wears to fight.
8/24/05 2:02 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 24-Aug-05
I just saw the "final" version of the card (posted below) and Sam's not on it but his opponent is. Do you know what happened to Sam? The Kacey Uscola VS Hank Weiss fight may be the show of the night. The Brandon Melendez (Former Sportfight Champ) VS Blas Avena fight has the potential to be the most explosive. I've seen Brandon smash two different guys' eye sockets (actually breaking their eye sockets) off of a single knockout punch. Blas is easily the better grappler and has trained Muay Thai for something like seven years. He has knockout power but every time I've seen him fight he has taken it to the ground and finished his opponent. Walter Vital is a BJJ Blackbelt and he is just going to hurt BeBee. Sharidy Isaacs will someday be considered one of the best female fighters anywhere . . . and she trains with Jeremy Horn and Jennifer Howe. Anyway, let me know if you find anything out about Sam. If you don't go then check out my website for results: http://www.maximumg.com --------------------------------------------------- August 27th Delta Center Finals Primal Tribe LIT-HVW-NHB Kyacey Uscola (Boise) vs Hank Weiss (Utah) HVW-NHB Paul Waremecki (Boise) vs E Tuiaki (Utah) FEATH-NHB Lee Anderson (Boise) vs Oliver Bradstreet (Utah) Team Mica LIT-HVW-NHB Justin Shuford (Las Vegas) vs Ma?afu Fosita (Utah) WEL-NHB Blas Avena (Las Vegas) vs Brandon Melendez (Utah) WOM-LIT-NHB Mariana Acevedo (Las Vegas) vs Sherridy Isaacs (Utah) WEL-NHB John Lopez (Las Vegas) vs James Birdsley (Utah) MID-NHB Paulo Junior (Las Vegas) vs Harold Lucambio (Utah) LIT-HVW-NHB Walter Vital (Las Vegas) vs Brian Beebe (Utah) LIT-NHB Sean John (Las Vegas) vs Dustin Gapusan (Utah) NHB-LIT-HVW Chris Lopez (Las Vegas) vs Ben Fuimaono (Utah) Utah vs Utah KB-WEL Juan Pollock (Utah) vs Mickee Porritt (Utah) NHB-LIT Ivan Taylor (Utah) vs Casey Beckstead (Utah) NHB-MID William Brewer (Utah) vs Mike Arrranz (Utah)
8/24/05 8:43 PM
Zviggy

Edited: 24-Aug-05
I got an email from the promoter and apparently a opponant was found for Sam Nest but something to do with the athletic commision not accepting the application this late. They need 7 days to check medical supsensions and to verify medical and HIV forms. Damn shame. Sam Nest would be a dangerous opponant after suffering his first loss in 17 fights. No doubt training with Greg Jackson would have seen him learn some new tricks as well.
8/26/05 5:32 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 26-Aug-05
His original opponent is still fighting (Brewer VS Mike Arranz). So I am supposing that they're not accepting Sam's application in time since Brewer is an active fighter in the state. Brewer is a tough guy with decent standup, use to fight out of the Las Vegas Combat Club before he moved to Utah. At the same time I wouldn't put him in the top five in the state. Sam really should stay in touch with Mike, the promoter, so that he'll be available for the next finals show (appr. 10 weeks away). I have been a judge for the last six finals shows and nearly fifty of the UCE's club shows and the one thing I can promise you is that the show is exploding. Its on weekly television in Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, California, and is coming soon to "Men and Machines" (a Brittish version of the SpikeTV channel). The last finals show at the Delta Center had almost 6,000 in attendance and this weekends show will be bigger. Josh Burkman, on the The Ultimate Fighter 2 TV show, got his start here. I wish I could be there this weekend but I have other responsibilities that need a little attention. Like I said, tell Sam (if you know him) to keep in touch with Mike.
4/21/10 10:10 PM
Top2hot

Whats to do about fighting ameature event in SLC area? who do I talked too?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.