UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Launching New DVD Magazine

8/16/05 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Aug-05

Life's been crazy busy lately. I'll be launching a new DVD Magazine at the beginning of October. I'm wrapping up shooting next week for the premier issue. I don't know if any of you guys are Hip Hop fans or not. If you are, this is definitely something you will be interested in. It is dramatically different than anything else on the market. Once it is closer to launching, I'll post some more info. The website should be up in the next week or so. We been covering guys who are the pioneers as well as guys who at the top of the game now. I'm giving a really poor description of it because I want it to be a surprise when it jumps off. We're shooting with a DVX100 with a body pod/glidecam 4000 and a canon XL2. It's been interesting shooting with two very different cameras but the difference has been a plus in an odd way. It's all being editing in FCP and authored in DVD Studio Pro. Motion graphics are being done in Motion and After Effects. Some stuff is being done with Boris as well. For the first issue, I shot over 50 hours of footage. It's funny because each issue will have a huge amount of footaqe to pull from. It's almost like making a new film every 3 months. I'll keep you guys posted. If any of you guys are interested in any of it, let me know. We'll be traveling quite a bit shooting for the upcoming issues. Maybe we can hook up with any of you MMA.tv Filmmakers!
8/16/05 9:44 PM

Edited: 16-Aug-05
Sounds cool, I'd love to see it. I almost started a MMA dvd magazine with Schanke back when we decided not to get involved with BadBreed. We actually shot some stuff for it but we quickly realized there was no money/support from the MMA community.
8/17/05 9:09 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 17-Aug-05
cool. I'll keep you posted as to when it drops. Yeah, I talked with a few people who have thought about doing DVD mags for the MMA community and they didn't see it happening for them. They didn't see themselves getting the support they needed. It could be a great thing, if done right but you would have to go throuigh a real lean period and even then I'm not sure if it would be able to pan out. Maybe in a couple of years? Who knows.
8/27/05 1:53 PM
mustika

Edited: 27-Aug-05
Hi my name is Dawn. I'm using a friend's post. I am a filmmaker who knows rap music like the back of her hand. I also do Martial Arts. I just moved to Florida from California where I produced a number of short films. Here in Florida, I am a producer/director/videographer/editor/sound designer who pops out projects continuously. I am an excellent communicator, people love me, (especially rappers), I can rap myself. Soon I will be shooting, editing, and producing rap music videos for my good friends who are the best of local Fort Lauderdale talent. I can travel and get up and go at a moments notice. I just came back from Europe for 7 weeks and got some pretty cool footage there! My email address in orianadawn@yahoo.com. I can send in my resume as well. Thank you for your time and consideration, Dawn
8/27/05 2:01 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Dawn.... Thanks for posting and your interest in this project. I would love to hear from you. I may be interested in having something done down in the Florida area soon. I'll be in Miami in October, family stuff but may work in something whilst I'm in the area. Drop me an email at: lynnlane@mac.com Lynn
8/27/05 3:35 PM
asymmetrik

Lynn, this sounds great. Let me know if you're needing crew etc. I'm hooked up with some guys and recently did some work for G-Unit and most recently AZ. They've got a sick number of contacts and we are shooting all the time.
8/28/05 10:28 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 28-Aug-05
PTM2020... That's actually more where I am too. This will cover the pioneers as well as the Underground Hip Hop side. I shot Prince Paul the other day as well as a few other cats that you would definitely be down with. I'm not saying too much but when it drops, you might be surprised. Maybe we can actually do something together on this. I know I have to be out in LA this year for this project. Do you like some of the def jux artists? We're shooting Aesop Rock and Cage soon. We'll be shooting Butta Verses when he gets back off tour too. He's on the De La Soul joint. I bet you'll like this project. It's going to be different than anything else out there. asymmetrik....cool. One day we should hook up since we're in the same city and shoot the shit. Let's talk bro.
11/10/05 5:26 AM
LEMon
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-05
Lyn as i posted on another thread, if your in Australia Dude lemme know will take care of ya
11/10/05 11:20 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 10-Nov-05
LEMon... Cool. I never saw the post. I appreciate it. You have the hook ups there?
11/12/05 10:44 PM
LEMon
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Nov-05
I know alot of people but still am up and coming. I have alot of connections but i am still raw myself.
11/14/05 12:43 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 14-Nov-05
LEMon...I would love to chill in Australia sometime. If I do get to make it, let's definitely hang. I didn't mean some film hookups...just meant some cool spots to hang etc. What all are you working on now?
11/15/05 9:49 PM
LEMon

Edited: 15-Nov-05
hahaha oh yeh nuh i got alot of Non film hookups lol. Working now on a short feature (the thing of the future in my opinion!!) Got 3 months off time to work on it so gonna go hard on it. Script is still being worked on but i dont think i'll ever be happy so there is a stage i'll have to go fuckit, this is good haha. Thanks for all your posts man, you really got me into gear with your tips, advice, reading recommendations.
11/15/05 11:46 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 15-Nov-05
LEMon...Glad to have been of some help. I'm sitting here working out the final numbers on this budget for a feature that I'm shooting in February. It's murder over here..haha. I'll drop a budget thread up tomorrow to try to get people talking about that side of filmmaking.
11/17/05 5:49 PM
asymmetrik

Edited: 17-Nov-05
"I'm sitting here working out the final numbers on this budget for a feature that I'm shooting in February. " psst, you should hire me.
11/18/05 10:46 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 18-Nov-05
asymmetrik...good possibility. Let's get this get together together and talk. I would love to work with some OG bros.
11/18/05 2:11 PM
asymmetrik

Edited: 18-Nov-05
awesome. whenever you're at that stage drop me a line: asymmetrik [@] yahoo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.