UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Some EE clarification!

8/28/05 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dracovich
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Aug-05

Ok i'm applying as an exchange student to UCI, and i can't fill my entire schedual with physics courses because i've finished most of what they're offering by the time i get there. So the guy i talked to recommended filling it up with electrical engineering courses. Now to be honest i don't hvae much more then a general idea what EE is all about, so i just said sure. So far i'm taking these three courses [1],[2},[3} (the third course has a lab course with it as well). So this is basicly some intro to programming and Network Analyzis I and II (which i have no idea really what is, but he said it should be good lol). So here's my problem, i've got my schedual pretty filled in the fall and spring, but still need some sweet winter action, and figured since i'm already going down the EE road there might be some other courses in that line that would be cool to take. here is a list over all the courses offered (this year at least) during winter, furhter descriptions of each course can be found here. So if you've done any of this, feel free to chime in with what you think would be fun to take :) Also what exactly is network analyzis? I'm assuming it's something like checking/making circuits or smt, but have no idea to be honest.
8/29/05 4:08 PM
jgibson

Edited: 29-Aug-05
Yup, the Network Analysis class looks like what we call Electric Circuits I and II. Basically beginning circuit's analysis. Looks like the textbook you are using is Nilson and Riedel..LOL! Have fun with that one. I have heard a lot of bitching about that one. I would take the Intro to Digital Systems class, too.
8/30/05 5:28 PM
dracovich

Edited: 30-Aug-05
Yes i have been wanting to take computer courses as well. It's kinda hard deciding now what i wanna specialize in seeing as how i've only finished my first year. But as it is my interest seems to lie in the direction of applied physics, i was thinking perhaps in the lines of plasma physics, optics and solid state physics. But yeah i did considder taking a lot of programming/CS courses as well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.