UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> So would Fedor be K-1 champ?

8/30/05 1:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Aug-05

Obviously I'm half-kidding, but many here have said Crocop would own the current crop of K-1 fighters (having already beaten several of them). Since even before the takedowns started, Fedor was at the very least matching Crocop on the feet, could Fedor have a shot at the K-1 crown? He already tooled Goodridge standing.
8/30/05 1:19 PM
Sambist007
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, no. Striking in mma is different due to the consideration of being taken down.
8/30/05 1:26 PM
TSLeeMMAPerc

I think that Fedor Emelianenko can do well in K-1.
8/30/05 1:33 PM
orcus

Hence the half-kidding. But the fact remains that Fedor destroyed Goodridge in seconds and Gary just won a spot in the K-1 GP by beating two solid K-1 contenders. Fedor hits harder and has a better chin, and I think his middle kicks are also surprisingly good, having hurt both Fujita and Crocop with them (better than Gary's, though Gary has good low kicks these days).
8/30/05 1:37 PM
Live in Vegas
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You question read "could Fedor have a shot?" to which I'd say absolutely he could. I would NOT say it's a DEFINATE that he'd win, but you have to like his chances. Heart of a lion, HARD punches and the mental disposition towards fighting are a great place to start from IMO.
8/31/05 6:28 AM
Live in Vegas
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Aug-05
Live in Vegas speaks the truth... oh wait a sec... that's ME!
3/2/12 12:08 AM
GMB13

TTT to see how Orcus really felt about Fedor before he paid to shill for Zuffa.
3/2/12 12:15 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GMB13 - TTT to see how Orcus really felt about Fedor before he paid to shill for Zuffa.

how the heck did you find this thread?
3/2/12 1:05 AM
GMB13

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
GMB13 - TTT to see how Orcus really felt about Fedor before he paid to shill for Zuffa.

Another thread refered to it, thought it was worth a bump.
3/2/12 1:35 AM
orcus

More like how I felt (and feel) about "K-1 level striking". 
3/2/12 1:35 AM
orcus

Doctor mma - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

d241 asks people to ttt these threads, he cant do that himself since he has been warned.

How does he find them? The search function only returns 50 hits.

3/2/12 1:50 AM
GMB13

orcus - 

More like how I felt (and feel) about "K-1 level striking". 

Nice spin 6+ years later.
3/2/12 12:04 PM
orcus

That would be terrifying if that's how he's doing it.
3/2/12 12:05 PM
crazydave
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vintage ownage
3/2/12 12:50 PM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting thread, i wonder how the hell they found this, aurely they cant be going back through the pages. No one is that sad.
3/2/12 12:52 PM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -  That would be terrifying if that's how he's doing it.

I searched your screen name and fedor and got results all the way back to 2005 so i'm guessing thats how they did it...
3/2/12 1:30 PM
ghostofgibran
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interesting

3/2/12 5:45 PM
Kneeblock
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bob Sapp twice defeated one of the greatest K-1 fighters of all time.

Fedor would've done well IMO. He defeated Mirko almost entirely on the feet and outboxed the supposedly more seasoned Nog with ease in their second fight. He was able to stand with Semmy and not get in any trouble whatsoever before taking it to the ground. Herring was at the peak of his Golden Glory training when Fedor took him out.

Fedor's quickness and power would've made him a tough fight for anyone in K-1. I could see him having trouble with an Aerts or Bonjasky due to their reach and counter striking style, but neither would've KOed him.

Even latter day mostly washed up Fedor held onto his power up until he started going for the home run every time. Phone Post
3/2/12 5:58 PM
donkypunch55
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sambist007 - Dude, no.Striking in mma is different due to the consideration of being taken down.

not sure if i agree with the "no" part but the following sentence has some truth to it.
3/2/12 7:56 PM
Devlin

Twenty47 - At heavyweight hell no. He couldnt touch Reem. Against guys his size that'd be interesting. Phone Post

Guys fedors size have ko'ed reem. Fedor right now wouldnt do well, but back when this was first asked he'd have had a decent chance.
3/3/12 6:12 AM
crazydave
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Badr Hari would shut Fedor off on one round. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.