UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Mirko supports the LDP?

8/30/05 11:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hamu86
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Aug-05

http://www2.prideofficial.com/free/news/details.php?id=1125251852
8/30/05 11:26 PM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Aug-05
Hey Hamu. Hope all is well on your side! Yip, Mirko said people should support Koizumi and the LDP. Dunno why
8/31/05 1:30 AM
hamu86

Edited: 31-Aug-05
Perhaps it has something to do with that handshaking session a few years ago between these two master politicians. Here is my hurried translation of Mirko's comments for non-Japanese readers. The rest of the statement just makes the last sentence seem all the more bizarre. "Today I was completely defeated (kanpai). "My opponent thoroughly studied my striking patterns and beat me standing. Moreover, although I was totally prepared for this fight, for some reason my stamina left me. "It was expected that I would be beaten up [at this point], but the reason why this didn't happen was the ground-fighting. My ground technique enabled me to carry the fight to a decision even though I was losing. "There are days like this sometimes. "At any rate, I plan on rebuilding myself from square one. The theme of the next PRIDE is 'Starting Over,' which I find to be rather ironic [or sardonic]. Still, it fits me perfectly. "I apologize to all the fans who supported me. After exhaustively examining the reasons why I lost this time, I will be back. Please look forward to my return. "I may have lost, but I ask everyone to go to the polls [on September 11] and support Prime Minister Koizumi."
9/5/05 12:52 AM
Koga

Edited: 05-Sep-05
Thanks for the translation - good summary of the fight by Cro Cop actually.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.