UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Study Abroad Basics?

9/3/05 11:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grambo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Sep-05 11:40 PM

How do I go about getting into such a program? Shouldn't my University have programs set up already through foreign schools? I imagine I could go see my academic advisor and have her pull up a list of all the countrys that university had to choose from to send their study abroad students. Am I correct? Or do I need to find a foreign university that has a study abroad program on my own and work with them? I'm a Kinesiology major in my junior year. I'm really trying to get to New Zealand, but would settle for Iceland, Brazil, Norway, or Sweden.
9/3/05 11:37 PM
grambo

Edited: 03-Sep-05 11:38 PM
dbl post
9/4/05 2:05 AM
FiatLux

Edited: 04-Sep-05
first see if your university runs study abroad programs either during the summer or during fall/spring semestet. If you dont know alot of international travel or the country your going to, its not the greatest idea to make all the plans on your own. Work with your school and see if they have a program that includes travel, housing, food, classes, books, and sight seeing ect. I went to London for a month in 2003. Stayed in what would have been a million dollar loft, earned 6 hours of credit towards my major, drank copious amounts of vodka, and paid less that $2500
9/5/05 5:07 PM
dracovich

Edited: 05-Sep-05
Might have some kind of program, my schoold oes and i'm hoping to go to USA for my last year of the bachelor. My school has a special "International office" where you can check on these things.
9/5/05 11:30 PM
grambo

Edited: 05-Sep-05
Thanks fellas.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.