UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Shot a Music Video this Weekend

9/6/05 8:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-05

This weekend was a full time shooting session deep in the South Bronx. Much of it was done Guerilla style because I didn't want to deal with permits on so many locations so we just winged it and had some solid security to ward off any bullshit that could have went down. A few cops came but I guess they figured since we were shooting cameras as opposed to guns in the South Bronx that was cool. They never even shut us down or asked for permits. If you shoot in NYC, you know that can be a hassle, especially if you are running big lights etc. It was cool because I got asked to shoot another video in October from this shoot and another TV gig came out of it. Not bad for a single weekend.
9/6/05 9:42 AM
Damage!

Nice. what video was it?
9/6/05 11:59 PM
Lynn@Renzos

It was a Hip Hop video for a New York artist on the come up. Recently he was profiled in Street Mos mag and is getting some solid attention here. His name is J Gutta. I'm actually sitting here editing it now. Gonna shoot a bit more this week for it.
9/9/05 11:27 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 09-Sep-05
PTM.... Let's just say when you are shooting in the South Bronx, Hunts Point and you have all of this camera/lighting equipment around you have to be on point with your awareness etc. Jaykub... I have a site that is being updated now with some of my projects etc. but is far from complete. It will be updated more over the next week or so. I'll have clips up etc. over the next week or so. Just haven't had time to deal with the site more lately.
9/10/05 2:45 AM
SatanJR

Edited: 10-Sep-05
the school project line usually works for me.
9/10/05 11:19 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 10-Sep-05
That's what I was going to use as well. I had the whole crew and cast prepared to vouch for me on it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.