UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Jones vs Tarver

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/7/05 12:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sawdusk
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Sep-05

thoughts on this one? tarver has never impressed me, even when he clocked roy out in two, but roy seems to be little bit more than a decent paycheck these days... from what I've seen, the line has stuck at +190/200 on roy.... I was hoping the under gonna be a little bit better than +110... made a bundle on the under in their last fight, though I got greedy and had jones as well... personally, I just can't justify the price on tarver and have no faith in jones to take at risk with just a +200 return... get we get a line on what tarver will say at the staredown this time?
9/7/05 12:30 AM
Ruffdogg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Sep-05
I'm going with Tarver, but It's hard to rely on somebody who at times doesn't look great.
9/25/05 8:36 PM
sawdusk
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Sep-05
anyone got any opinions on this fight??? the odds are dropping on jones at every site I watch and I can't tell if it is optimism or smart money... I have believed jones would school tarver in each of their last two fights... tarver does not impress me other than being resourceful but jones just seems done... anyone???
9/26/05 12:49 AM
Ruffdogg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Sep-05
My pick for this match is Tarver, but he hasn't looked good in his last two fights.Then again, it's very hard for anybody to look good when fighting a workhorse like Glen Johnson. The reason the lines are moving so much lately is because of Jones supposedly has an injured hand.
9/26/05 4:21 AM
sawdusk

ruff,... really?? I had not heard about jones' hand... that makes even less sense than 'cause the lines I'm seeing are showing the money being dumped on jones!! he's gone from +220 to +180 on one site... I've seen him as low as +165 on another... interesting... will have to research this more... thanks..
9/26/05 2:08 PM
Ruffdogg

are you serious, man if the lines are moving that much I'll might as well lay some dough on tarver. There's just enough value there to not pass that up.
9/29/05 5:21 AM
sawdusk

Edited: 29-Sep-05
great odds being offered on draw +1700 (which I could see happening with these two) or jones by any sort of stoppage +500 (+125 on Tarver) and +320 on a jones decision (+340 on Tarver). I wouldn't mess with the straight up bets, especially if I was a Jones fan. You only get +165 on a win by jones, versus +500 or +320 (if you bet on the +500 and the +320 with even even a little for draw insurance, it would be impossible not to make more money than a straight up bet if jones wins or break even with a draw). Just makes no sense to me why anyone would bet on Jones at +165. Looking forward to it. going with jones for a 3rd time. was bailed out last time by the under I had on the fight... good luck...
10/1/05 3:15 AM
sawdusk

Edited: 01-Oct-05
odds on one site for jones went from +170 to +200 in 24 hours, though with a 650 bet max, I wonder how much money it takes to move a line on some sites... I remember when I was betting on Lutter over Eastman, I was betting the 500 max and literally moving the line with each bet... a co-worker of mine was trying to deposit some money to bet and by the time he got to the site, the line had moved 40 points...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.