UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> I Ordered BYOB today.....

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OpenMinded1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Hello All, Well I have taken the first step. After being out of MMA for about 2 years, this site and all of the information and people in it... I have been motivated again! The desire to train, to sweat, to learn is back! I have been reading about MR. Blauer’s system. (and so many other posts ). The more I read the more I want to know. I ordered the BYOB package and I will be hooking up with Jsteinmann for some training and an introduction to Mr. Blauers system. I would like to thank scjkd (Todd) first for turning me on to this site. I would like to thank the people or person involved with the development of this site. I would like to Thank Mr. Blauer for the immense amount of information that he has made available to the public when he could of hoarded everything for HIS own personal growth. I would also like to thank Mr. Blauer for not turning his back on everyone after being screwed taken advantage of. I also would like to thank Jake for inviting me to train with him when he has no idea who I am. All I did was post that I was interested in the system and he jumped right in and offered. I stopped training for MANY reasons, one was due to all the BULLSHIT and PHONIES out there. I have feelings that I have not had in a long time.. A natural high… O' what a feeling.. THANKS!! I am looking forward to this journey…
Extreme Justice

OpenMinded1, Congrats on your decision to get back into it. As you are about to EXPERIENCE through the BYOB set, you cannot, not train and expect to be at your best when the true confrontation presents it's self. I'm glad that you took this step and am sure that you will not be disappointed with the path that you choose. As for Jake, be gentle on him. He is a very knowledgable individual, just a little fragile:) Train Hard and Stay Safe Sean
OpenMinded1

Extreme Justice, Thanks for the kind words. I understand.. “ Hot water will not stay hot by it’s self... You have to continue to add hot water to keep it hot” something like that. I still run, lift, research new things, reading, the web, view fight tapes so, I know that would not help a whole lot but... Now that I have made this step I WILL put 100% into this. 100% in 100% out. Again thanks for the motivation:) As for Jake, I can’t wait, knowledge is a powerful thing!!! Take care, George
scjkd

OpenMinded1(Russ).....Your very welcome. Know you now why I love this place as much as I do....The wealth of knowledge is never ending.....Now you know the benefit of this place! You have taught me alot in my Martial Arts Journey...its my gift back to you that I share this wonderful site!
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks for the thanks and comments in your opening post. There's a ton of info in the BYOB package. Enjoy it. Have a great session with Jake an dif you're in the Boston area you might want to try to make the Brunswick Maine seminar on the 10th of August [see the seminar listings] Stay in touch, TOny
OpenMinded1

Mr. Blaure, I am in Lowell, Ma. Only 2 1/2 hours away so attending the seminar would not be a problem. What will be the topic(s) of the seminar? What part of your system or programs will be discussed? Is it an overall introduction or, will the information be for your advanced student? I am anxiously awaiting for the BYOB program. After reading some of the posts here and in the archives, reading the information at your web site www.tonyblauer.com. I am so amazed, I can’t believe it, I cant stop thinking about everything! There is O’so much.. that I have NEVER given one iota of thought let alone time to train! I feel like I have just crawled out from under a rock! Again, THANK YOU! George Truitt
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
George, It will cover the foundation of the SPEAR and we will run through drills to develop strength & confidence in the mechanical conversion from the flinch. THe seminar is 'open' to all levels as for most, the SPEAR process and method is pretty new. Remember, the 'reaction' is triggered by the threat, so the training is always contemporary; meaning, you dont ever move past practicing or refining the SPEAR. [Just like boxers never stop practicing a jab] TOny
OpenMinded1

Mr.Blauer, I will be there. I am looking forward to all of this. My mind keeps rushing ahead thinking about the how do I, what do I, why do I, when do I! I could sit here and keep asking questions. I will refrane, as I am sure that all of my questions will be answered in time. I will be meeting Jake tomorrow night. I am anxious and curious to begin. Any suggestions or (for lack of better terms) "Words of Wisdom" that would help in preparation for this first step? George
taroson

OpenMinded1, I don't have any words of wisdom, I just want to offer you my congratulations on your choice of teachers. The education you are about to recieve is, in my opinion, without peer in the Martial Arts industry. Relish it. Absorb it. Read, watch, analyse and train. Perhaps the most inspiring thing is that you will have to opportunity to learn and train with men of true character. Honesty, truth and integrity really mean something to Tony Blauer. I hope you get to meet Mathew, Phil, Robb and all the other members of the PDR team. Hang with them for a while and you'll see what I mean. As for Jake, well... You are lucky to have such a wise and honorable young man to learn from and train with. I am sure you will be pleased not only with the individual 'characters', but the overall character of the peole who make up the TCMS family. Take Care and Best Regards, Mike
jsteinmann

"As for Jake, be gentle on him. He is a very knowledgable individual, just a little fragile:) " Hey, I resemble that remark! George, tonight we'll work on dealing with smart-ass team members who are searching for somewhere to sleep at the next PDR :) Mike...thanks for the kind words. At least someone on the team appreciates me! See you tonight! Jake
Extreme Justice

Jake, I appreciate you and would appreciate your input in the "Post Traumatic Fear" thread. Talk to ya soon! Sean
OpenMinded1

I am looking forward to this so much. Thanks to all. Jake, I will see you tonight!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.