UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> To beat Fedor, CroCop needs to do?

9/10/05 3:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AnthonyHuss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Sep-05
He just needs to show up.
9/10/05 3:27 AM
EKPOGI
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he should use combos than just one punch and one kick that he always does,develop a liddell like technique and take high risk moves.or like the first reply said,find sarrah o connor
9/10/05 1:06 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Omoplata is correct. And CroCop could tag him and catch him in a next fight. His two liver kicks were a few inches from disabilating the Cyborg. I'd say Fedor wins at leat 3 out of 4, but he's not THAT above his competition, though he is without the shadow of a doubt the true #1 fighter in the world right now.
9/10/05 1:18 PM
kanotoa
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To beat Fedor Cro needs to: Make sure Fedor has 2 broken hands entering the fight. Talk more trash about how Fedor is scared of him. Beat up more of his teammates. Grease his body like Silva. Kick Fedor in the nuts.
9/10/05 2:33 PM
Wasa-B
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say Fedor wins at leat 3 out of 4, but he's not THAT above his competition, though he is without the shadow of a doubt the true #1 fighter in the world right now. - Yeah, I believe Nog and CC could beat him, its just that it might take a few more kicks at the can and in this sport, i say if you've had 2 full fights with someone and werent able to mount any moments of significant offence over both of those fights, you would really need to pull some more wins together in between and come up with something diff. if there was to be a 3rd time. I think Fedor's second fight showed that Nog is probably not that capable of beating Fedor because he cannot keep him in his guard (where he stands the best chance) and even with other lesser fighter's Nog usu. takes quite a while to find the range. His takedowns seem very far from being able to take Fedor down and keeping him there would be another story. He was already outboxed by Fedor and then Fedor out boxed motherfuckin CC in his next few fights. Nog just doesnt seem to have the power to hurt any of the big boys though. I think Nog needs to take a page out of Fedor's book and maybe work on mixing his striking and takedowns. Barnett needs to get his ass back in there and either rematch CC or fight Nog. A rematch between Nog and CC would be pretty interesting too imo since its tough to say that Nog's improved since that fight a whole lot but its obvious that CC's grappling has improved ten fold.
9/10/05 6:03 PM
Linkage
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I could be wrong, but it looked like there was AT LEAST one pretty decent liver kick delivered in that fight and it seemed to have little effect..." I'd like to thank everybody for giving me credit for successfully predicting that Fedor would be tough enough to shake off body kicks that have dropped several other fighters. Did I say thank you? I meant I hope your kids are all born with 3 arms, you motherless bastards. Give me some credit already.
9/10/05 6:05 PM
Linkage
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Mirko is not going to become a better kickboxer all of a sudden, his skills there are maxed out." His kicking is certainly maxed out, but he could be a better boxer and work on his defense substantially. He needs to get over his fear of low kicks too, just like most southpaws. By that I mean offensively, not defensively. Who cares if you break a toe or whatever in a fight, you won't feel it until the next morning anyway.
9/10/05 6:16 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I think its pretty clear that Fedor dominated this fight from beginning to end and I dont think there could be any question or doubt to anyone what the decision should be." Well, yeah, that's why I said you'd somehow have to ignore the fact that Crocop was clearly a beaten man. But *objectively*, looking strictly at the scoring criteria (which are intended to make it as quantitative as possible and have as little of "who looked the worst" as can realistically be achieved), you could make a case for it being a very close fight (as I think I did). Which is not to say that I don't think Fedor established beyond all doubt that he is the best fighter in the sport, past or present. I do actually still disagree that Fedor had more offense on the ground than Crocop, though. You're right, he did pass guard a couple times, but never for more than a second or two, and he didn't land anything, while Mirko at least landed many irritant shots and had the two credible sub attempts. No big deal. I'm not a huge fan of the strictly quantitative style of scoring in the first place. Fedor "won" that fight in any normal sense of the word, regardless of how many punches each landed or how long each had to stay in the hospital afterwards or whatever else you care to consider.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.