UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Backpacking in Australia

9/11/05 2:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chad5781
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Sep-05

Hello everyone my name is Chad Angelocci I have trained with SBG for some time. I traveled to Thailand for only three weeks and fell in love with this small island called Kophangan. I do not want to go home. I am traveling to Australia next and I need to get a holiday working visa. I applied for one online but it denied me. It said something like America is not reciprical to Australia. If any one can help me with any info. It would be greatfully appricated. I would like to travel the world before returning home but need to start in Australia.... I hear fruit picking is the way to go, but I need a visa... Thanks, Chad
9/17/05 9:11 AM
OnDaMat
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Sep-05
I dont know much about this but your best bet would be to head to the nearest Australian consulate or the embassy in Bangkok. You might want to call first and explain your situation to get an idea of the time it will take for the visa to come through. I'm sorry I dont know more but we locals dont need such visas so we are the worst people to ask :(
9/19/05 12:16 AM
Tball
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Sep-05
Chad, I dont think you can get a working holiday visa for Australia or New Zealand. Canadians can easilly get one for either but , I think, because the US makes it so hard for anyone to work there that the other countrys have the a "reciprical" responce to US citizens. Study visas etc are avaliable and I think you would get fruit picking work anyway, visa or not. T

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.