UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> TCMS AND BODYBUILDING

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAMRHINO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

MR. BLAUER: AS I HAVE MENTIONED, I AWAIT THE ARRIVAL OF MY BYOB PACKAGE AND CAN'T WAIT TO BEGIN TRAINING. AS I WANT TO FULFIL MY TCMS GOALS, AT THE SAME TIME I'M A DEDICATED BODYBUILDER. I BELIEVE IN BEING AND STAYING STRONG. POSSESSING GREAT STRENGTH, I BELIEVE, IS A DISTINCT ADVANTAGE AND VERY PRACTICAL IN MANY FACETS OF EVERYDAY LIFE, INCLUDING THE "LIFE AND DEATH" SITUATIONS. MY CONCERN IS REGARDING THE ORGANIZING OF MY STRENGTH TRAINING WITH MY SKILLS TRAINING. MY PLAN IS TO ALTERNATE STRENGTH AND SKILLS TRAINING DAYS - DAY 1: WEIGHTS; DAY 2: SKILLS; DAY 3: WEIGHTS; DAY 4: SKILLS; ETC... ADD TO THIS, A 3 DAY PER WEK 1 1/2 MILE RUN AND YOU GET ONE HECK OF A BUSY SCHEDULE. AS MY STRENGTH TRAINING PRETTY MUCH DRAINS ME FOR THAT DAY, MY INTENTIONS ARE TO RUN ON THE SKILLS DAYS. WHAT DO YOU THINK? AM I TRYING TO DO TOO MUCH AT ONE TIME? I GUESS I WANT IT ALL. THE WAY I SEE IT, THE RUN SHOULD ONLY TAKE MY ABOUT 15-20 MINUTES (INCLUDING WARMUP). IF I RUN BEFORE I START THE SKILLS TRAINING, IT SHOULD ACT AS A GOOD WARMUP. ALSO, IF I CAN SUCCESSFULLY "DEFEND" MYSELF DURING THE LIVE TRAINING, AFTER A RUN, THEN IF/WHEN THE TIME COMES TO "BECOME MY OWN BODYGUARD" THEN I'LL BE IN MORE THAN GOOD CONDITION. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST AS A PRACTICAL CROSS TRAINING REGIME? TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THAT I WORK 40 HOURS A WEEK ON TOP OF MY TRAINING. THANKS IN ADVANCE, RHINO.
Extreme Justice

Rhino, In the PDR manual, you will find an "Endurance Circuit" example which impliments the TCMS "Overkill Philosophy" in developing strength, endurance and your street arsenal. Use this as a base and incorporate those drills and exercises that you have already had success with. Read and re-read the section pretaining to "TCMS Overkill Training Mentality" and use this as a guide to developing a functional routine which will asssist in developing all three area's(MIND-BODY-SPIRIT) of your training. Train Hard and Stay Safe Sean
IAMRHINO

SEAN: I GUESS I SHOULD WAIT UNTIL I RECEIVE THE BYOB PACKAGE, BEFORE I START ASKING A WHOLE LOT OF QUESTIONS. IT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF MY QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED BY STUDYING THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN. THANKS FOR THE TIP, I WILL BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE TOPIC YOU SUGGESTED. REGARDS, RHINO.
Taku
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAMRHINO, hello. My name is Liam and I am a student of Tonys as well as a full time Strength and Conditioning coach and personal trainer. If you need any help with ideas of how best to organise your time aroound all this stuff, please e-mail me. I am at your service. Liam. bido_99@yahoo.com
IAMRHINO

TAKU: THANKS FOR YOUR OFFER. I'LL BE SURE TO CONTACT YOU ONCE I GET THE BYOB PACKAGE. I CHECKED THE MAIL TODAY, AND TO MY HORROR IT HAS NOT ARRIVED YET....I'M LIKE A LITTLE KID AT XMAS, JUST THAT SANTA HASN'T COME TO MY HOUSE YET. GENERALLY SPEAKING, THOUGH, I THINK I AM ON THE RIGHT TRACK BY ALTERNATING WEIGHT TRAINING DAYS WITH SKILLS TRAINING DAYS, BUT I GUESS THE BIG QUESTION IS WHERE TO PLACE THE CARDIO (IE. RUNNING)? I DON'T EXPECT TO RUN MORE THAN A MILE AND A HALF IN ONE SESSION, AS I STILL HAVE A CAR. (HAHAHA!) JUST A NOTE MR. BLAUER: I HAVE TO SAY I AM IMPRESSED! I'VE ONLY BEEN INVOLVED WITH THIS FORUM FOR A FEW WEEKS, AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THE FEEDBACK, FROM YOURSELF, AND OTHER MEMBERS OF TCMS (ROBB, TAKU, EXTREME JUSTICE...THE LIST COULD GO ON). EVERYBODY IS SO OPEN, AND WILLING TO HELP. THIS IS SO DIFFERENT THEN WHAT I'M USED TO, WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH OTHERS IN THE MA WORLD. AN INTERESTING POINT THAT HAS BEEN RAISED IS SOMETHING I READ BY GEOFF THOMPSON. HE HAS WRITTEN HOW THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT, BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN THEMSELVES AND THEIR SKILLS, TEND TO BE CONSTANTLY INSECURE AND A RESULT, TO PROVE THEIR "SUPERIORITY", ARE ALWAYS CLOSE MINDED AND CHALLENGING TO OTHERS. A PERFECT EXAMPLE WAS WHEN I ATTENDED A SHOWING OF UFC 13, AT ONE OF MY LOCAL VENUES, WHERE THERE WAS ABOUT 1000 OF THE MOST AVID MA FANS IN MY AREA. BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER, THERE WAS NUMEROUS FIGHTS AND VERBAL CONFRONTATIONS THAT TOOK PLACE. IT WAS QUITE ENTERTAINING , BUT IT JUST MADE ME SICK. WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THAT? THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS NONE EXISTENCE HERE. IT SAYS A LOT ABOUT YOU, MR. BLAUER, THE TEAM, AND TCMS. I'M GLAD TO BE PART OF THIS. I'M SORRY THAT WAS SO LONG WINDED, BUT I FELT THAT I HAD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST. TALK TO YOU ALL SOON, RHINO.
Taku
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RHINO...I noticed I enterd my e-mail wrong It is: budo_99@yahoo.com not bido lol Liam.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.