UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> W Virginia vs Maryland on 09/17/05

9/15/05 3:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Oddessa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Sep-05
JoeyOddessa.com

Event:     West Virginia vs Maryland on 09/17/2005 at 09:00 

Condition:     West Virginia

Promotion:     West Virgina (2-0) at Maryland (1-1) Big East meets ACC Game 3 on both teams schedule. West Virginia beat Syracuse in the Dome 15-7 as they put out a excellent defensive performance vs the Orange. Last week they rolled a DIV 1AA team the Terriers of Wofford 35-7. Maryland beat the Naval Academy on opening day at Baltimore 23-20, and last week they they blew a 24-14 lead to Clemson and lost 28-24. Both coaches rank pretty high up the College Football food chain. West Virgina top man Rich Rodriguez probably ranks a little higher. With both teams pretty even on field have to believe it could come down to the coaching. The Mountainers have been to 3 straight bowl games Contintental Tire Bowl in 2002, in 2003 the Gator Bowl, and the Gator Bowl again in 2004. They beat Maryland last season in OT 19-16. Maryland has won 4 of the last 5 matchups including that 03 Gator Bowl. Throw out a couple of those early losses to Maryland as W Virginia did not have the horses back then. They do now. They win this one on the road at College Park. Take West Virginia
9/15/05 11:01 PM
sawdusk
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

completely agree with this... WV on the money line is my "dance on debt's grave" pick of the week!!!
9/15/05 11:37 PM
Oddessa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyOddessa.com
I would go ez on that play. Maryland is tough and pissed about losing last week. That analysis I posted isnt  mine. It was just  food 4 thought. Gun 2 my head, I think Maryland gets it done this week.
9/16/05 4:04 AM
sawdusk
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Sep-05
yeah, I ended up taking the points, but UMD just doesn't impress me this year... I don't think they are that far from last years team, although hollenbach does look better... I'm just not sold on them yet... defense is weaker and had a much harder time against navy than I would ahve expected... this is one of those bets though I wouldn't mind being wrong on cause the terps are my team... someone will be burning sofas on campus come saturday though...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.