UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> biggest non-typical elk ever taken

9/16/05 10:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dryfly
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Sep-05
Yomamafool has missed the point.you all are knocking something you know absolutely nothing about.It matters not the subject,an intelligent person does not form strong opinions without knowing the facts,from all sides.Most of the posters on this thread are naive as hell,and have no business even having an opinion about something they know so little about.
9/16/05 10:21 AM
eviladam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if trophy hunters didn't take out record, one of a kind elk, this country would soon be overrun with elk. NIMBY, thank you very much.
9/16/05 10:25 AM
wheeels

didn't take all the anti-hunting pussy faggots long to arrive.
9/16/05 10:32 AM
savas

The issue is sport killing, not hunting to put food on the table or thinning the herd. 

To try and rationalize sport killing (NOT killing for food or for conservation purposes) is a useless exercise.  You wanna prove that you are a badass wilderness/survival dude?  Track, stalk and sneak up on the elk (or bear or boar or lion etc.) and have someone snap a pic of you slapping it's live ass with your bare hand.  Or if that's a little too intense/difficult for you, and you can't bear to part with your weapon, just track, stalk and shoot the animal with a butt load of tranquilizers instead and then take your damned photo. That way, everybody wins.

PLEASE, please explain to me what purpose trophy hunting serves?  Don't instead say, I don't know what I'm talking about or that I don't understand.  Instead, put together a coherent sentence or two so as to enlighten all us pussies.  So far, your best answer has been, "At least I'll be prepared when the world goes to hell in a handbasket and all the canned food is gone."   

And when/if the world goes to hell in a handbasket, I'll take my chances of making it over any limp-peckered, mouth breather who insists that those without the desire to shoot animals for sport are pussies. 

9/16/05 10:51 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to take the side of the bowhunter, as a bowhunter myself. First off, understand that he didn;t shoot this thing from a scoped rifle 200 yds away. It was taken with a compound bow, which means he not only had to remain in perfect camoflauge, evade it's amazing sense of smell and caution, but he probably made that shot at under 30 yards. Let me tell you something kids, it's not like pointing your big firestick at the animal and pressing the trigger. pull back a bow, hold it there for a minute until you get the perfect shot, stabilize your breath and stop moving like a seizure even thought the worlds largest fucking elk is right in front of you.. It's an elk., it's not a baby, it's not stephen fucking hawkins, it's a god damn wild creature, part of a huge herd. Ironically people who are against hunting are usually pro abortion and against the death penalty... hyprocracy.. lol ..you're probably eating beef, poultry, fish, pork as we speak.
9/16/05 10:54 AM
Dryfly

I will agree that trophy hunting,as it is percieved,is somewhat pointless and pussyish.But i still think most of you have a lack of information. I can only speak for myself.I bow hunt. I pass up smaller animals, looking for the best representative of the species in the area I am in.Does this make me a trophy hunter?Consider my motives.I love the outdoors. I love the exercise.I love the challenge of the chase.I love living out of a backpack and sleeping where ever i am at come dark,for a week at a time. I love the animals that I chase.So why do I choose to chase the more mature animals?Because quite simply I have been doing this long enough thatI could almost count on killing a younger animal opening weekend.I dont want to.I want to keep hunting,the whole season.I dont want it to end fast.I would rather go home empty handed(and usually do).That is why I choose to limit myself to larger animals.Also consider I spend much time effort and money directly benefiting said animals.
9/16/05 10:58 AM
wombat
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is nothing majestic about a cow or a chicken or a fish ... I'll eat one of them, or make shoes of 'em or whatever, but a giant elk like that? Dizamn, that ain't right. Everyone mows their lawn, but not everyone goes out into the old-growth forest and cuts down a thousand year-old redwood.
9/16/05 11:04 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"There is nothing majestic about a cow or a chicken or a fish .." "It's ok to eat fish because they don't have any feelings" - Kurt Cobain
9/16/05 11:36 AM
Nameless

Anti hunters crack me up,they have to be some of the STUPIDEST people on earth.
9/16/05 11:47 AM
savas

"Ironically people who are against hunting are usually pro abortion and against the death penalty"

That's a dumb generalization.  I am anti abortion and pro death penalty.  I'm also anti PETA and support the right to bear arms.  What I don't support is the pointless taking of life merely because one can.

Whether the animal has "feelings" or is "a god damn wild creature, part of a huge herd" is irrelevant. 

I gues it's okay to shoot something for shits and giggles -- oh I'm sorry, I mean for the adrenaline rush of celebrating nature while respecting the awe-inspiring majesty of such an animal -- as long as I skilfully use a compound bow at under 30 yards, remain in perfect camoflauge, evade my prey's amazing sense of smell and caution, and stabilize my breath for a minute in the presence of the  worlds largest fucking elk. 

Hey, look at me!!!  I'm Jeremiah fucking Johnson! 

9/16/05 11:47 AM
genital wartfrog

"And when/if the world goes to hell in a handbasket, I'll take my chances of making it over any limp-peckered, mouth breather who insists that those without the desire to shoot animals for sport are pussies." seems i pushed some buttons huh? pussy.
9/16/05 11:52 AM
yomamafool

BIC, we understand a great deal of effort goes into bowhunting. to use that effort to take down a "majestic" creature like that for sport is retarded.
9/16/05 11:55 AM
Furacao
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough Without ever having felt sorry for itself." -- D.H. Lawrence
9/16/05 11:55 AM
yomamafool

and where are the anti hunters on this thread? havent seen much form them, not on this thread anyways

9/16/05 11:57 AM
yomamafool

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself" yet elephants mourn the death of other elephants. they might not feel sorry for themselves, but do feel for each other.

hell, the other elk may be glad he is gone.

9/16/05 11:58 AM
savas

That means soooo much from a guy who sells insurance for a living.  Go back to making cold calls and prancing around the woods in your Elmer Fudd outfit.  When the world falls apart, I'll call you to go over the terms of my policy.

9/16/05 12:06 PM
HELWIG

"HELWIG, come on bro. You seem to have a decent amount of knowledge about animals per other threads we have spoke on and I hear what you are saying but "I" do personally care for ALL animals." And thats noble of you. Do work to help animals then. But these guys harassing and berating hunters accomplishes zero. ---------------------------------------------------- (no longer referring to above post) The same idiot brigade arrives on every thread regarding guns/hunting. Claiming everyone involved has insufficient sexual equiptment, etc. It's the most boring cliche since "Everyone gets raped in prison" And yet modern, pussified people still spout it off like it's gold. If you want to demonize people who wish to participate in a recreation that connects you to thousands of years of human survival history, thats your right. But dont pretend you have some great moral or logistical opposition when you consume the same products that come from it and are merely put off by the hunter's enjoyment and fufillment of the sport.
9/16/05 12:07 PM
Bull_in_chinashop

Edited: 16-Sep-05 12:11 PM
"it's a majestic creature" What about that majestic steer? hog? hen? tuna? etc... Seems like an arbitrary line don't you think? None of these animals including elk are endangered. I grew up on a farm, so I'm used to seeing the animals I eat slaughtered (by my own hands on occasion.) I don't have to buy meat at the supermarket and be glad that someone else did all the dirty work. I know that an animals's live was taken to feed me. In case you haven't noticed ladies and gentlemen that despite our amazing vocabulary and all our window treatment of "society" this world will always be about the strongest predator and the food chain. I'm glad to be an apex predator. and fwiw, I'm also a primitve bowhunter, meaning I use a recurve bow. I'd probably have more success throwing a rock at a deer, but I love the amazing challenge and time spent in the woods scouting for deer and appreciating the woodlands beauty. Anyone else think that this conversation is ironic on a website devoted to the smashing of another fellow human's body and spirit?
9/16/05 12:09 PM
savas

What's ironic is calling those who enjoy the smashing of another fellow human's body and spirit pussies merely because they don't trophy hunt.
9/16/05 12:12 PM
fob_77
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for the retarded arguements.
9/16/05 12:16 PM
genital wartfrog

you are a lawyer and you are making fun of my profession? LMFAO!!! whatever shyster, i am sure your parents are proud.
9/16/05 12:18 PM
yomamafool

damn, a recurve bow? well that is something (not being sarcastic)

yeah, the whole "majestic" (for lack of a better word) thing is an opinion. i just think it is sad to take out a big bad ass like that for sport.

9/16/05 12:22 PM
finnfighter

Don fry fan, WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION BOY. Theres a great, big, huge motherfucking difference between an elk and me besides my vocal chords, and if you're not aware of it, I suggest you let go of the crack pipe and check in to a mental institute very-very-very fucking fast............. Whats wrong with you, really?Trolling? Trying to get laid with an art-school drop-out? What?
9/16/05 12:36 PM
mcblarney
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow there are a bunch of bleeding pussies on this board.
9/16/05 12:44 PM
mcblarney
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"hell, the other elk may be glad he is gone." this made me LOL. young elk1: "hey you hear about larry?" young elk2: "yeah, that dude was an asshole. bout time someone fucked him up. let's go fuck his bitches."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.