UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> biggest non-typical elk ever taken

9/16/05 12:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nameless
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Sep-05
What's so "majestic" about a walking steak with big sticks on it's head?
9/16/05 12:58 PM
checkuroil
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Sep-05 01:16 PM

AGAIN, REMIND ME HOW YOU JUSTIFY KILLING ANIMALS FOR FUN ASIDE FROM CALLING ANTI-HUNTERS PUSSIES.

btw, yes i am a vegitarian, yes, i am against the death penalty, and yes, i am against abortion.

9/16/05 1:03 PM
finnfighter

How do you justify spending a huge amount of time learning and practising the tender art of beating other people to a pulp. Thats right. Its the part inside you that doesnt want to be domesticized, and live a phony plastic life. Not much difference between killing an ANIMAL!!!!!!!!, or kneeing a person repeatedly in the face...
9/16/05 1:08 PM
yomamafool

uh yeah there is a differnece between killing animals for sport and fighting each other for sport

and lol @ mcblarney. i was imagining that same scenario.

9/16/05 1:14 PM
checkuroil
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"How do you justify spending a huge amount of time learning and practising the tender art of beating other people to a pulp."

only the willing get into the ring. i dont go to peoples homes and start hitting them. i dont think the elk was a willing participant in the hunt.

9/16/05 1:17 PM
finnfighter

As long as your'e in nature, your'e a willing participant in a game called life. You win some lose some.Hunter or wolf....
9/16/05 1:22 PM
Jimmy23
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you guys realize that at some point, the big fella (the elk) would have gotten sick, and either died from starvation, disease, or predator? You realize that at some point, a younger, stronger male might have driven him off and he would be starve or be ripped apart by wolves? nature isnt pretty, it is fierce and pretty much every critter out there dies a horrible death. Responsible hunters (I dont hunt) fufill the same role as wild predators, and they do more to ensure the survival of species like this than most of the nature lovers and enviromentalists.
9/16/05 1:36 PM
Mr B
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i used to hunt (dove and deer)..never went bow hunting even though i had a bow... and used to fish....haven't gone in years. prefer "wild" or "natural" meat opposed to mass produced "store bought" (even though i can't get the former too often) i am pro-death penalty in most cases pro-guns on the fence about abortion and like i said in my first post...i have more respect for someone who bow hunts opposed to someone with a high power rifle sitting in a blind waiting for shit to walk by. trophy hunting is lame. and killing something that...majestic as some put it....perhaps "unusual"?....for no other reason than because "you can" is a waste of wildlife, imo. even worse when you're paying thousands of dollars to a "wildlife" ranch where everything is carefully managed (because it's a business) or to africa (or somewhere similar) so you can kill a lion,, etc. fucking waste.
9/16/05 1:39 PM
checkuroil

its not your right to expedite nature.  when your parents get sick why dont you euthanize them?  dieing isnt pretty, right?  even if they might have another four of five years left, you might as will kill them now.
9/16/05 1:43 PM
Jimmy23
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" its not your right to expedite nature. " what right? The only rights in nature are the rights of the predator and the prey. Dont project human insitutions and thoughts to the natural order, you are comparing apples to oranges "when your parents get sick why dont you euthanize them? " most civilized countries allow patients to choose to die in cases of terminal disease " even if they might have another four of five years left, you might as will kill them now." if the guy is using the meat from the elk, what does it matter? The predator kills and eats the prey. If he keeps the horns as a trophy and tribute to the beast, what's the problem? man, I am feeling more and more like a right winger here, and I'm not, I swaer
9/16/05 1:46 PM
Keoni

I know some people are definetly hunting enthusiasts, but an animal like that to me is like a giant catfish, yes you could take it home and try to make your balls seem bigger, show it to your friends and brag or you could just enjoy seeing the monster, snap a pic and let it go as a sign of respect for its time on earth. If your hunting for food thats cool, but killing something like that is just sad.
9/16/05 1:51 PM
checkuroil

if elk deserve to die cause they lack human emotion, then can i kill your family dog for sport? it will probably be hard since you hunters own guns, so i may get in a shoot out over it, but that is part of the challenge, as is avoiding prosecution for animal cruelty.

what a brave new sport.

9/16/05 2:11 PM
eviladam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do the hunting enthusiasts appreciate the skill and effort put in by the BTK killer? to kill a dumb deer should be easy compared to killing the most intelligent species on the planet. even if you disagree with the murder of innocent people, you have to admire his skill to taunt police with his crimes for so many years.
9/16/05 2:56 PM
checkuroil

"what right? The only rights in nature are the rights of the predator and the prey"

lol @ saying that fat slob is a predator.  he is not. he is doing it for sport.  there is no right and wrong in morality, but i really hope you dont believe some of the shit coming out of your mouth.

"most civilized countries allow patients to choose to die in cases of terminal disease"

im telling you to decide for them.  not for them to make the choice.

"if the guy is using the meat from the elk, what does it matter?"

i actually think eating meat is wrong. yes, i am a vegetarian.

9/16/05 3:48 PM
yomamafool

"Bottom line, people who shoot animals for sport lack self confidence. People who shoot animals for food are doing it for the right reasons."

"Bottom line, people who shoot animals for sport lack self confidence. People who shoot animals for food are doing it for the right reasons."

9/16/05 3:55 PM
The PBC
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elk meat is excellent
9/16/05 3:58 PM
checkuroil

there is no right reason to kill an animal
9/16/05 4:15 PM
yomamafool

what if an animal is trying to kill you? that would be a good reason to kill an animal, imo
9/16/05 4:28 PM
eviladam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what if an animal is trying to kill you? that would be a good reason to kill an animal, imo the only way an aminal will try to kill you is if you are invading its territory, or if you are threatening it in some way. don't be a dick and aminals won't try to kill you.
9/16/05 4:30 PM
yomamafool

what about a rabid dog?

9/16/05 5:29 PM
checkuroil

jesus christ, you know what i was saying. self defense aside.
9/16/05 5:34 PM
Mr B
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"My best friends Dad once said to me " Be good to mother nature and mother nature will be good to you". Karma a bitch. If the hunter in the pic ate the Elk (which I doubt he did), then it is ok, but if he didn't, well he is a pillow biter." truth
9/16/05 5:48 PM
yomamafool

i know what youre saying, just fuckin around.

i differ from your opinion on hunting, but thats just for the moment. i am wishy washy with the whole hunting/meat eating thing

9/16/05 6:21 PM
checkuroil

"CUO, so your vegan huh?? How do you know the plants and veggies dont have feelings and thoughts?? What makes you superior to them?? "

science shows me veggies dont have feelings. i dont know of if you read about science in school, but its pretty neat.

". Most of you anti hunters have no clue what your talking about. The"anti's" are all the same. Whether its guns,hunting, or MMA. People like to generalize a large diverse group of individual's. And most of the time they know little to nothing about what they are talking about. "

just like you are generalizing people against hunting?

lol at legitamating killing for fun by saying "nothing goes to waste".

so if i kill you and eat your body, then is that okay cause "nothing went to waste and you were going to die anyways?"

9/16/05 8:48 PM
DonFrye_Fan

Edited: 17-Sep-05 03:39 PM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.