UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> biggest non-typical elk ever taken

9/16/05 10:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
finnfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Sep-05
Nice cop-out don...you avoided the part where you equated a human being with a vapiti...but hey, to each his own. You dont have to be logical...free country.
9/17/05 12:20 PM
finnfighter

Edited: 17-Sep-05
ttt
9/17/05 12:24 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

PATHETIC. hunting should be banned. fucking animal abusers. At least koreans kill dogs for food... this guy just kills for fun and ego. what a joke.
9/17/05 12:25 PM
RoninGear
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah banning something humans have done for millions of years makes sense....
9/17/05 12:28 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"Yeah banning something humans have done for millions of years makes sense.... " nowadays we don't need to hunt for food. There is something called SAFEWAY or the meat market. these guys are straight up animal abusers. They hunt to satisfy their caveman instinct. It is not right.
9/17/05 12:30 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"But the bleeding hearts who piss and moan on every hunting thread do so not out of genuine care for the animals but because it makes them feel good/better than other people. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- dude I genuinely feel bad for such a beautiful animal that was killed for egotistical reasons. If you kill for food it is one thing. To kill to put up an animal head in your living room is another. It just makes me feel bad to see an animal getting taken out by arrows.. he must have died a slow and painful death.
9/17/05 1:48 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evil Yoshida, aren't you from Japan? A country that still hunts whales and is notorious for overfishing? Yeah you're a real mascot for conservation and respect for the balance of nature..
9/17/05 3:33 PM
DonFrye_Fan

Edited: 17-Sep-05 03:33 PM
"Nice cop-out don...you avoided the part where you equated a human being with a vapiti...but hey, to each his own. You dont have to be logical...free country" You are mistaken finnfighter. I never said a word about a vapiti. Read message below. From: finnfighter Date: 09/15/05 08:19 PM Member Since: 03/23/2002 1337 Total Posts Ignore User Jonwell, I am not an animal. I know that I'll die one day. Animal doesn't. He wont miss long walks on the beach, worry about his grandchildren, in a sense..hmmmm..hes an ANIMAL...Remember? Just as I finish writing that you give human like qualities to animals (which is stupid), you aquaint killing a vapiti with killing a finnish sociology student. Smart. Very smart. Why dont you throw god in it as well...
9/17/05 3:38 PM
DonFrye_Fan

From: finnfighter Date: 09/15/05 07:27 PM "Torturing an animal is something that I think is almost as bad as torturing a human. It feels pain, and fear, and a person mutilating an animal lowers himself to a level beyond animal-like. Therefore, in a sense, I feel that hunting is more humane then raising cattle." I have to admit that I did not read this at first finnfighter. I am editing my posts.
9/17/05 3:41 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"Evil Yoshida, aren't you from Japan? A country that still hunts whales and is notorious for overfishing? Yeah you're a real mascot for conservation and respect for the balance of nature.. " no i'm not from japan. The japanese kill whales for their MEAT and use the whole thing. Whale oil can be used to make many products. The japanese dont' kill for sport, they kill for necessity.
9/17/05 11:59 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The japanese dont' kill for sport, they kill for necessity." Buckle up buttercup!!!!! http://www.earthisland.org/saveTaijiDolphins/ "Japanese fisher man kill the largest number of dolphins anywhere in the world" 20,000 dolphins a year. 20k people. and you're pissed off about a single elk.
9/18/05 12:52 AM
nogijones

Edited: 18-Sep-05
what i don't understand is how people can rejoice in the death of something beautiful (posing for pictures, etc.) say what you want about the skill of that guy hiding and firing upon an unsuspecting beast, if those two met in the wild on even terms we'd see what was up that guy is a pussy
9/18/05 1:18 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

"20,000 dolphins a year. 20k people. and you're pissed off about a single elk. " did they kill for sport or did they kill for meat? big difference there buddy. These guys are not killing for the sheer joy of it, they are killing for money that can be made by selling the meat.. which will be eaten. I'm not a tree hugger or anything.. I just think it's ridiculous to kill something with the sole purpose of putting the head on display in your living room. It's real animal abuse. simple as that buddy.
9/18/05 1:23 AM
ThePeoplesElbow

Bambi burgers, IMO
9/18/05 1:56 AM
QTyp
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the hippie is strong in this thread
9/18/05 2:24 AM
pa10002

"to kill to put up an animal head in your living room is another." I don't know a single person that hunts that doesn't eat the meat, and if they didn't eat the meat they would have no problem giving it away for someone else to eat as wild game is much better than store bought meat.
9/18/05 2:25 AM
pa10002

"to kill to put up an animal head in your living room is another." I don't know a single person that hunts that doesn't eat the meat, and if they didn't eat the meat they would have no problem giving it away for someone else to eat as wild game is much better than store bought meat.
9/18/05 2:29 AM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a hunter. I don't like shooting animals. But damn, those opposed to this threads subject matter sound more ridiculous to me by the minute. Saying things like,"He killed just for ego, he could have gone to Safeway and bought a steak." Damn, some people just aren't as wrapped in city life as you are. Some people remember that this is EXACTLY how it has been done as long as man has been. If you killed an elk like that 200 years ago you'd be a local celebrity. Why does anyone assume he didn't kill it for food as well as sport? Where is the waste if he keeps the meat? I used to have the "It's sad" reaction. I don't think it's that simple though. It's not like he machine gunned a herd. Hell, with a bow,I'd be worried that it would be too easy to gravely wound such an animal, requiring a long and agonizing tracking to kill it. That would suck.
9/18/05 2:47 AM
pa10002

"If the hunter in the pic ate the Elk (which I doubt he did)," you dumb fuck why would you doubt he did not eat that elk, obviously you have never been around hunters, if he didn't eat it personally he would have people lining up that would actually pay for the meat.
9/18/05 3:54 AM
samichlaus
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/18/05 8:34 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

seriously LOL if you guys think that these guys kill to put food on the table. A small percentage do.. but by far most of the hunting is done for recreational purposes. The hunters target trophy animals with the largest antlers or horns. These parts are removed while the rest of the body is left to rot. and LOL?@@ the fools who say this is the natural mode of existence. You're not a neanderthal anymore buddy. Many times these hunters put electronic collars on the game so they can be located. Other times they bait them and shoot them. Most ridiculously they use electronic howling sounds that imitate predator callings. that said. If the guy owns the animals, does it on his own property then I have no problem with it. and if he eats it then I doubly have no problem with it. I don't agree with it but he has the right to do what he wants on his own property.
9/18/05 9:48 AM
Bull_in_chinashop

"seriously LOL if you guys think that these guys kill to put food on the table. A small percentage do.. but by far most of the hunting is done for recreational purposes. The hunters target trophy animals with the largest antlers or horns. These parts are removed while the rest of the body is left to rot." 100% complete bullshit. EY has absolutely no credability in this argument. I've been around hunting all my life and I don't think I've EVER seen a single animal taken not get eaten, unless it was a coyote, groundhog -nuisance animal etc..
9/18/05 9:54 AM
Ironbar

Whoa, he's almost as good at trolling as guard stalling.
9/18/05 10:45 AM
samichlaus
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BIC is correct. Without exception, the hunters I know eat what they take. Elk is pretty tasty. *takes wild boar sausage outta the frezer*
9/18/05 1:41 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"100% complete bullshit. EY has absolutely no credability in this argument. " lol if you think the motive for hunting is not recreational.. but for food. c'mon man.. get real. why dont' these guys farm? i bet you they buy milk at the grocery store. If they wanted to go to great lengths to be authentic cavemen, then go all the way. obviously there is great allure in hunting and killing a beautiful animal. It is FUN for them.. again.. if you believe the main motivation for hunting is to eat meat.. you are trolling.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.