UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> biggest non-typical elk ever taken

9/18/05 4:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Sep-05
EVILYOSHIDA,LMAO. I don't say this often, but you are either a full on Ninja Master Troll, or the stupidest fool on this forum. I am absolutely serious. Do you think for a moment that an elk killed like that on a documented Safari Club hunt could be left to rot? ROTFLMAO! "why dont' these guys farm?" Stop it,I can't laugh anymore, I'll piss my pants. The motive for hunting is HUNTING! As I have often said, I don't hunt because shooting an animal holds no attraction for me. I'm glad there are people willing to stun,kill,butcher,age,package,transport and retail meat for me. But I am not going to let my nature force me to judge somebody raised from a boy to hunt,prep, and responsibly use the product of his kill. If I thought this guy just randomly blasted some forest creature in a destructive waste of life, Hell,I'd want him prosecuted. I am sure there are retarded hunters who desecrate what hunting should be, but I am smarter than to lump all hunters together under that blanket.
9/18/05 4:48 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"why dont' these guys farm?" because they don't want to be working day and night yet remain poor?
9/18/05 4:57 PM
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The anti-hunting bitches get owned on every one of these threads. The guys who hunt have the proper license. Use legal weaponry. Take a legal amount of game(no one is spray-firing into brush hoping to take out 25 animals) Take what they kill. Whether they eat or sell the meat, mount the head or stuff the whole thing(none of your business) Nobody is shooting an animal and walking away. I'm gonna go out on a limb and take a wild guess that the majority of you guys flipping out over someone killing an animal are also rabidly pro-abortion. Am I right? So the next time you want to demonize someone for killing a deer, take a look at what level your alleged love for "choice" and "privacy" goes to. You might want to drop your "their is no neccesity for this in this day and age" argument as well. Hundreds of thousands of couples dying to adopt would laugh in your face.
9/18/05 5:10 PM
Mr B
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The guys who hunt have the proper license." ...and also, in some cases, pay hundreds (sometimes thousands) of dollars to go domestic "wildlife" ranches to "hunt" big game...blah blah blah "Use legal weaponry." which does tend to take the "sport" out of hunting...when you can sit in blind, camo'd, with your high powered "legal" rifle...sometimes waiting for game that is fed and bred year round. "Nobody is shooting an animal and walking away." ..don't think any anti-hunter has said that was the case. "I'm gonna go out on a limb and take a wild guess that the majority of you guys flipping out over someone killing an animal are also rabidly pro-abortion. Am I right?" ..that's already been thrown out more than once on this thread. most of the arguments against hunting on here aren't even against hunting as a whole...just "trophy" hunting. which is a waste and in most cases far from "sporting".
9/18/05 5:22 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"I am absolutely serious. Do you think for a moment that an elk killed like that on a documented Safari Club hunt could be left to rot? ROTFLMAO! Stop it,I can't laugh anymore, I'll piss my pants. The motive for hunting is HUNTING! As I have often said, I don't hunt because shooting an animal holds no attraction for me. I'm glad there are people willing to stun,kill,butcher,age,package,transport and retail meat for me. But I am not going to let my nature force me to judge somebody raised from a boy to hunt,prep, and responsibly use the product of his kill. If I thought this guy just randomly blasted some forest creature in a destructive waste of life, Hell,I'd want him prosecuted. I am sure there are retarded hunters who desecrate what hunting should be, but I am smarter than to lump all hunters together under that blanket. " RACER X. stop acting like a baby. when did I say there were left to rot? I said sometimes the trophy hunters will take the head and leave the rest of the body to rot which has been documented may times. so your main motive it to hunt for the meat? this should apply to all food you eat then. I'll say it once and I'll say it again. The main motive for many of these hunters is to reconnect with the neanderthal side of their brain. They do it because hunting gives them a thrill.. i'm not saying you guys don't want the meat.. you'll use it. but the satisfaction of killing the animal, the chase etc. is far more rewarding than simply getting some free range meat. do not tell me I am wrong.
9/18/05 5:24 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

lol @ the hunting hicks getting defensive seriously. i have no problem with what you do.. But you guys seriously misunderstood the motivations for hunting. If it's simply to eat elk meat... then I just have to LMAO.
9/18/05 5:24 PM
LimpingLogan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are all a bunch of pussies. I thought some tough guys lived here. What is the difference between buying a steak and shooting this elf with a bow. You gusy don't even know how hard bow hunting is. You couldn't even do it if you tried, this animal let a preditor within 20 yards of it...it died its called nature. Do you guys know that the max range with that bow is 30 yards? Try gettign that close to an animal like that. you couldn't. It's nature. Most hunters show more respect for wildlife then any of you fags. What a bunch of pussies
9/18/05 5:29 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"You are all a bunch of pussies. I thought some tough guys lived here. What is the difference between buying a steak and shooting this elf with a bow. You gusy don't even know how hard bow hunting is. You couldn't even do it if you tried, this animal let a preditor within 20 yards of it...it died its called nature. Do you guys know that the max range with that bow is 30 yards? Try gettign that close to an animal like that. you couldn't. It's nature. Most hunters show more respect for wildlife then any of you fags. What a bunch of pussies " lol @ tough guys with high powered rifles and electronic howlers. seriously if you are so manly why don't you go out there with your bare hands instead of using guns or bows? you want to go man to man with an animal? do it this way.. hand to hand. buying a steak is a lot easier and it makes much more sense for modern people. You go to the store and you buy your steak, prepackaged cut nicely. Imagine carrying that big shit on your truck skinning it and cutting the meat.. how laborious. like I said. if you are overly concerned about commercial meat.. you should totally be self sufficient for everything.. obviously hunting and killing has it's allure for you guys... you guys want to feel like cavemen but in reality you guys are hunting on custom made game ranches with high powered rifles and electronic predatory howlers.
9/18/05 5:31 PM
LimpingLogan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still can't get over this...there are that man anti-hunters here? omg, you guys are really all talk. Anti-hunters don't even knwo wtf they are talking about and from you guys is just mind boggling. I havn't hunted in a few years and am, kinda growing out of it for the time being...but no one here has given even a half way decent arguement agains thunting. we eat meat and use animals every day. 99% of hunters use use and eat what they kill, and are very respectful of wildlife. Many hunting organization do alot to preserve and protect animals and also habitat what do you guys do? It called being out of touch...how does it feel?
9/18/05 5:33 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"I guess a lot of the OG are indoor city boy sissy types who rely on public transportation and who never have a reason to even carry a pocketknife. " no thanks. sportscar for transportation and i'll happily buy berkshire pork at the market..
9/18/05 5:40 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"I still can't get over this...there are that man anti-hunters here? omg, you guys are really all talk. Anti-hunters don't even knwo wtf they are talking about and from you guys is just mind boggling. I havn't hunted in a few years and am, kinda growing out of it for the time being...but no one here has given even a half way decent arguement agains thunting. we eat meat and use animals every day. 99% of hunters use use and eat what they kill, and are very respectful of wildlife. Many hunting organization do alot to preserve and protect animals and also habitat what do you guys do? It called being out of touch...how does it feel? " yep.. when you trash homosexuals do you need to be fucked up the ass to know what you're talking about? now that we got that cleared up, all i'm trashing is that you guys say the main motivation is for the meat. I say it is for the thrill... that is all.
9/18/05 5:55 PM
Mr B
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I still can't get over this...there are that man anti-hunters here? omg, you guys are really all talk. Anti-hunters don't even knwo wtf they are talking about and from you guys is just mind boggling. " what's mind boggling is how most of the "anti" responses aren't even completely against hunting...just a certain type of hunting. yes, there's a few on here who are against hunting in all forms, but not all. as for anti-hunters not knowing wtf they're talking about...that's a very broad generalization. and a fairly ignorant one, as well.
9/18/05 6:05 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

" I am not sure an economic civic qualifies as a sports car tough guy." lol. BMW M-coupe 315 HP and 255 hp Mazda RX8 buddy. Nice try.
9/18/05 8:39 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"lol @ the hunting hicks getting defensive seriously." Elitest? You think you're better than someone who grew up in a rural area? Despite what you think, you're not. Please stay in your dirty, crime-ridden city. try not to shoot a beautiful creature when the crackhead is breaking into your car. -Masters-degree having, Mercedez Benz driving HICK. (We can leave the letters off the end of my name..)
9/18/05 9:33 PM
Mr B

i'd rather shoot the crackhead than the non-typical elk. but i don't live in a big city, so i don't get to see too many crackheads.
9/18/05 9:57 PM
Bull_in_chinashop

"i'd rather shoot the crackhead than the non-typical elk." I find it interesting that you hold human life in such low regard. btw: What did you have for dinner tonight?
9/18/05 10:09 PM
Mr B

i do hold human life in high regard. i'm having a digiorno stuffed crust supreme pizza.
9/18/05 10:45 PM
Bull_in_chinashop

"i do hold human life in high regard. " "i'd rather shoot the crackhead than the non-typical elk." I'm confused.
9/18/05 10:54 PM
Mr B

though i do not presume to be an authority on anything, i do have to ask: are there not exceptions to every rule? i'm not sure how to word this..because i don't want to say some people don't "deserve" to live..that's not what i mean...but i do think a person can value human life in general and "value" every single individual life. does that make sense? i do value human life very much, but i believe in the death penalty, i believe abortion is acceptable in certain cases, and i believe it's ok to kill another human being in self-defense if the circumstances call for it.
9/19/05 12:49 AM
QTyp
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Sep-05
The fees paid by hunters also pay for much of the forest maintenance needed to preserve habitat for the animals. You can also blame those yuppie hippies moving further away from the city. That decreases the animals habitat which then increases tags for future hunts. Thanks you pussie hippies!
9/19/05 2:11 AM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/19/05 9:22 AM
yomamafool

taking out a big ass elk like that is like tearing down a tree that is 100's of years old and has pushed its lifeforce to he point that it is iconic. why not cut down all the other trees around it and let that big ass old ass tree stand until it cannot stand anymore?

i mean, if the elk has gotten that big and that old, why not wait and see how long it can last, how much further it can go? lets see how great it could be?

that is my point.

9/19/05 12:28 PM
Bull_in_chinashop

I think that is a reasonable point. but I don't think your analogy fits.
9/19/05 12:38 PM
Hawkeyefan

Damn. What an awesome animal. BTW - I wish I was the one that shot his ass. But I'm no bow hunter. I'd have used my muzzleloader. This thread has definitely drawn a line between city folks and country folks, IMHO.
9/19/05 12:41 PM
RoninGear

i would have used an AT-4. instant sausage.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.