UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> biggest non-typical elk ever taken

9/19/05 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
checkuroil
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Sep-05

lol @ hunters thinking they are owning those opposed to hunting.

what you really are saying is that when we appeal for your compassion for another living being, you can find none of it. that is plain sad. plus, i wouldnt really consider having zero empathy for a sentient being something about which i would brag and use as an argument to legitimate murder.

9/19/05 2:40 PM
checkuroil
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what im i afraid of and insecure about?

9/19/05 2:41 PM
Jimmy23
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll bet it was coming right for him....
9/19/05 3:09 PM
mcblarney
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"i mean, if the elk has gotten that big and that old, why not wait and see how long it can last, how much further it can go? lets see how great it could be?" i think we did didn't we? now let's see how long he lasts on that guy's plate.
9/19/05 4:20 PM
NHBDaddy
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullwinkle imo
9/19/05 4:40 PM
yomamafool
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

best analogy i could think of. i am pro hunting. i just think this big mofo shouldve been spared
9/19/05 4:41 PM
checkuroil

the problem in this argument is that we dont agree that animals have a right to live without humans killing them.  if we cant agree on that, then this argument goes nowhere fast
9/19/05 4:45 PM
Hawkeyefan

CUO - Ever swatted a fly?  Stepped on a spider?  Knocked down a wasp's nest?

What's the difference?

9/19/05 4:53 PM
PR
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"CUO - Ever swatted a fly? Stepped on a spider? Knocked down a wasp's nest? What's the difference?" There are billions of flies, spiders and wasps. They have life-spans measured in hours, days, or weeks. There are likely only a couple 1,000lb elk around, if that. That my friend is the difference. This hunter should be ashamed of himself.
9/19/05 5:25 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"we dont agree that animals have a right to live without humans killing them. " Does the antelope have the right to live without the lion killing them? Why are you ashamed of being the top predator on the planet?
9/19/05 6:01 PM
mcblarney
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"There are likely only a couple 1,000lb elk around, if that. That my friend is the difference. This hunter should be ashamed of himself" exactly and that is why elk hunting season only lasts a couple of weeks out of the year with rules on age limits, sex, and the like. it's not like hunters are hunting elk or whatever else all year. quit being such bitches. i'd hate to see all the anti-hunter bitches 100 years ago when season for any animal lasted 24/7.
9/19/05 6:14 PM
Dratherbe

"the article says he bugle called him away from his other cows....hahaha...he had all the women. he was just setting up some ass...that is sad. big dog like that taken as a trophy." Angelina Jolie is a fan of this sport, too.
9/19/05 6:19 PM
checkuroil

""CUO - Ever swatted a fly? Stepped on a spider? Knocked down a wasp's nest? "

i dont swat flies. stepping on spiders in my house is a matter of survival cause their bites can make you deathly ill, and i dont have wasps around me, but i could also make a self defense argument

the other difference is that i dont go off into their habitat to kill them when they arent bothering me, and i dont make a sport of it.

"Does the antelope have the right to live without the lion killing them?"

you want to compare your intellectual capacities to a lions? thats a slippery slope argument.

9/19/05 6:23 PM
Mr B
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Does the antelope have the right to live without the lion killing them? Why are you ashamed of being the top predator on the planet?" there's a difference between killing for food/necessity and killing for sport...
9/19/05 9:14 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"there's a difference between killing for food/necessity and killing for sport... " The difference is that by being such a great predator, we get to decide what we want to eat tonight.
9/19/05 9:19 PM
LimpingLogan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't comprehend the logic by these anti-hunters. Are you trolling? You really believe that the hunter should be ashamed of himself. Unless you never eat meat or use animal products how can you argue that he shoudl be ashammed? That hunter used alot fo skill to harvest that animal and the animal had a very sporting chance. To argue otherwise is just ignorant.
9/19/05 9:24 PM
jacktripper

"There are billions of flies, spiders and wasps. They have life-spans measured in hours, days, or weeks. There are likely only a couple 1,000lb elk around, if that" so you decide based on life-spans and number of animals... who died and made you god? "the problem in this argument is that we dont agree that animals have a right to live without humans killing them" so youre a vegan and dont wear any leather or anything?
9/19/05 10:25 PM
OnDaMat
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would Wanderlei that fuggin goon
9/20/05 12:34 PM
checkuroil

Edited: 20-Sep-05

"so youre a vegan and dont wear any leather or anything? "

im a vegetarian. i was vegan, but its really not a viable healthy option right now.  my doctor said i needed to stop.

also, there is the argument of least harm.  yes, im sure there are animal products in what i buy.  i use non glycerine soap, i dont wear leather, etc.... but i know i cant live on this planet without indirectly killing some kind of animal. that being said, i also should not go out of my way to kill animals, which hunting is doing.

its not an all or nothing endeavor.  "oops, i killed a fly, so i might as well go out and masacre some baby seals". we should all aspire to do the least harm.

"jacktripper has just blasted a hole through the torso of the correct..."

really? 

9/20/05 1:03 PM
mcblarney

check, what if your son grew up wanting to take part in hunting? are you planning on forcing you vegetarian ways on him even if he doesn't think the same as you?
9/20/05 1:20 PM
checkuroil

"check, what if your son grew up wanting to take part in hunting? "

he wouldnt be doing it on my time, and i doubt that would happen.

"are you planning on forcing you vegetarian ways on him even if he doesn't think the same as you? "

i will not cook meat for my kids, but they can eat it if they want.

9/20/05 1:35 PM
HELWIG

"lol @ tough guys with high powered rifles and electronic howlers. seriously if you are so manly why don't you go out there with your bare hands instead of using guns or bows? you want to go man to man with an animal? do it this way.. hand to hand." No human being has ever been able to hunt big game successfully with their bare hands. Even African natives use spears. Why should a person increase the risk of their own death? To satisfy you? "Elitest? You think you're better than someone who grew up in a rural area?" Yes, he as many others do as well, does think that. I constantly hear latte drinking liberal pussies talking down about people who grew up in the country or small towns. Those backrounds have produced some of the finest Americans ever. "im a vegetarian. i was vegan, but its really not a viable healthy option right now. my doctor said i needed to stop." No shit. Cause its an unhealthy, unnatural lifestyle that sets one up to be weak and deficient.(Dont waste the time posting a list of five olympians who after 20 years of eating meat switched to veg and claim it's all the same) "i will not cook meat for my kids, but they can eat it if they want." And they'll respect you!?
9/20/05 2:44 PM
checkuroil

"Yes, he as many others do as well, does think that. "

thats a very large chip on your shoulder.

"Even African natives use spears. Why should a person increase the risk of their own death? To satisfy you? "

to make it fair. 

"No shit. Cause its an unhealthy, unnatural lifestyle that sets one up to be weak and deficient" vegan, yes, vegitarian, no. being a veggie is just fine.

"And they'll respect you!? "

yes. unlike you brutish hicks i dont have to earn my respect with an iron fist, i do it with my compassion and understanding.

9/20/05 2:54 PM
jackel
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

to make it fair. 

It's not fair that your daddy is a rich, you should give it all away.

9/20/05 3:04 PM
eviladam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I cant believe some of you guys. Let me just say I don't see the point of trophy hunting. But I come from a family with a LONG tradition of hunting on both sides. Most of you anti hunters have no clue what your talking about. The"anti's" are all the same. Whether its guns,hunting, or MMA. People like to generalize a large diverse group of individual's. And most of the time they know little to nothing about what they are talking about. i grew up in a town full of hunters. a significant portion of them were not "tough guys", they were guys who liked to hide in a tree and kill aminals that came close enough. deer, dogs, whatever. have you ever watched "hunters" take aim at your dog, while they are standing in the middle of your property (without permission, of course)?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.