UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> biggest non-typical elk ever taken

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/21/05 1:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
checkuroil
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Sep-05

helwig, the bible is not my book, and i especially dont believe the creation myths

9/21/05 1:10 PM
Mullet @ Heart
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW, nothing I've said is an argument against CUO. He's a vegetarian, and sticks to his guns. That's not only cool, but for another thread, IMO. My comments are geared toward those who comdemn hunting, yet will be eating Whoppers for lunch today. My comments are also a HUGE LOL @ anyone who thinks "most" hunters don't use the meat.
9/21/05 1:15 PM
Mr B
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"first, in this case, as in many, the hunters dont take out the weak animals that are dieing cause they dont make good eats or trophies. they take out the strong ones, like in the picture starting the thread." good point. not to mention that in some cases humans are responsible for overpopulation problems because we crowd natural habitats and kill all the predators because they're pests. you can argue all you want, but it's true. coming from a ranching family on one side, in small ass town....it's all about killing coyotes, hawks, etc. to keep your herds safe... - only kinda skimmed the last couple of pages, but it still amazes me that so many "pro-hunters" argue as if all the "anti" people are anti-hunting period. cuo might be...but myself and others are just arguing against useless "trophy" hunting and the lack of sport by hunting with such "sophisticated" equipment, etc.
9/21/05 1:20 PM
Mullet @ Heart
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

only kinda skimmed the last couple of pages, but it still amazes me that so many "pro-hunters" argue as if all the "anti" people are anti-hunting period. cuo might be...but myself and others are just arguing against useless "trophy" hunting...
I think most of the hunters on this thread agree with you on the anit-trophy-only hunting thing. I may have missed a few posts, but we all seem to. The grouping is definitely going both ways on this thread.
...and the lack of sport by hunting with such "sophisticated" equipment, etc.
I'd say the credit card you use to hunt at Arby's is pretty sophisitcated.
9/21/05 1:37 PM
Mr B
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't eat at arby's. =-) i know what you're saying, though. my main beef with that is there are those (not all, i'm sure) who will pay thousands of dollars to go hunt "exotics" on these game ranches, take their high powered rifles, laser scopes, camo, use a blind, etc.......and then have their own little photo op with their big kill. the hunters who "rent" time on ranches (my dad's for one) every season where they set up their feeders, blinds near the feeders, etc....
9/21/05 1:57 PM
Mullet @ Heart

Once again, sounds more sporty than using the debit card. As long as the meat is being eaten, I'm cool with it.
9/21/05 3:48 PM
Munkehed
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CUO I don't hate you for not believing in God, nor do I dislike you for being a vegan. If that is what you want that's fine, I have no problem with that. I just have a problem with people saying I should not be able to eat meat that I or anyone else has harvested.
9/21/05 3:50 PM
checkuroil
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I just have a problem with people saying I should not be able to eat meat that I or anyone else has harvested. "

would you tell me not to kill your kids?

if so, i have a problem with that.

9/21/05 6:58 PM
Munkehed
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tell you what, try to come after my kid, lets see what happens to you. Only a truly sick individual would make a statement like that. Are you really so stupid to compare a animal to a human esp. a child.
9/21/05 7:02 PM
checkuroil

"I tell you what, try to come after my kid, lets see what happens to you. Only a truly sick individual would make a statement like that. Are you really so stupid to compare a animal to a human esp. a child. "

ooga. me man.

i am comparing one living being to another.  you are a speciest; i am not.  i see that all living things have a right to live, whether they are human or not and whether we love them or not. that is the point of that comment. obviously, it wasnt a threat.

9/21/05 7:11 PM
Munkehed

Just a stupid comment then. It's kinda pointless to argue because you can't change me, and doubt I will change you.
9/21/05 7:25 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"about your predator issues and overpopulation. first, in this case, as in many, the hunters dont take out the weak animals that are dieing cause they dont make good eats or trophies. they take out the strong ones, like in the picture starting the thread. second, suffering happens for all as they approach death. humans struggle with cancer, dementia, loss of bodily control, etc... but we dont go shooting them cause they suffer. they have a right to life as much as the animals do. and again, car accidents and property damage are not excuses for murdering these animals." CYO, I'm finding that you don't really have an argument as much as you just have a belief and that no one else's matters. In fact your points aren't even logical. ex. - If you had 2 heads of lettuce, a bright, fresh, crisp one and a brown, wilted, rotting one - which would you eat? no one, not even vegans eat poorly if they have a choice. ;-)
9/22/05 12:11 PM
Munkehed

Edited: 22-Sep-05
How are we gonna have a mutual respect when you say i'm a bad person for eating meat.
9/22/05 12:39 PM
checkuroil

"CYO, I'm finding that you don't really have an argument as much as you just have a belief and that no one else's matters. In fact your points aren't even logical"

so there is no logic in me saying that its atrocious that men go out and kill for fun?  really?  none whatsoever?  hard for me to believe.

is there no logic in me saying that all creatures on this earth have an equal right to life seeing as how we are animals also and think we have a right to life?

"ex. - If you had 2 heads of lettuce, a bright, fresh, crisp one and a brown, wilted, rotting one - which would you eat? "

horrible argumentation. you guys are the ones that said you were helping out these animals by killing them.  i wasnt .

"How are we gonna have a mutual respect when you say i'm a bad person for eating meat"

i wont ever respect a man who kills for fun; probably in the same way that you wouldnt have respect for someone who abuses their wife.  and i could really care less if you respect me. in the end, i just want these animals to have a life uninterrupted by your pursuits of pleasure.

9/22/05 12:53 PM
checkuroil

"all of the city vegans/vegetarians i know wouldn't know what the fuck to do if the local trader joes/whole foods closed down. "

justification throught survivalism. interesting argument, but paintballing animals would work to train you.  soldiers dont kill eachother to prepare for war.

9/22/05 1:02 PM
checkuroil

if it comes to that, then it comes to that. i dont live my life worrying about the apocalypse and i honestly think its a weak argument because you are justifying murder today by claiming self preservation in the future.

you could go to a gun range and get the feeling from a real gun, and then track animals without killing them to get ready.  mma fighters dont have all out fights to get ready for their upcoming matches

9/22/05 1:25 PM
Munkehed

wrong, chute boxe goes all out in training. Anyway I think i will go squirrel hunting, those are some tasty rats.
9/22/05 1:40 PM
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check you have not a leg to stand on in this argument. Just baseless rhetoric. "you are justifying murder today by claiming self preservation in the future." Neither the legal nor dictionary definition of murder covers a human being killing an animal. So you can make up new meanings for things all you want. Kind of like the people who claim it's "assault" if you tell them to leave private property.
9/22/05 1:49 PM
checkuroil

"Neither the legal nor dictionary definition of murder covers a human being killing an animal. "

wow, i dont have a leg to stand on cause of a semantics issue. break down my argument piece by piece then. dont just throw that statement out there and not show how you are coming to that conclusion. 

9/22/05 1:59 PM
Munkehed

animals are not comparable to Human Beings.
9/22/05 2:16 PM
checkuroil

"animals are not comparable to Human Beings."

how much dna has to be shared for them to be comparable.  monkeys, birds, etc... share upwards of 90 percent of our dna, yet they are somehow not comparable?  so at what percentage of dna do they become comparable?  100 percent?  humans dont even share all the same dna.  hell, autistic people have extra chromosones. are they not human?

what makes us not an animal?  cause we have superior tools?

9/22/05 3:54 PM
checkuroil

"Probably cognitive abilities"

so monkeys dont have those?   they are smarter than many infants.

9/22/05 4:05 PM
checkuroil

you are creating a criterion that has very fine boundaries to jusitfy killing. do you not see that?  and if you do, cant you see that its really not your right to decide and make those boundaries?

9/22/05 5:08 PM
checkuroil

hunting, in the case of this picture, is not a case of self preservation, (in response to your jessica simpson example)

so you saw you hate laws, yet you are creating one to justify hunting?

9/22/05 5:37 PM
Hawkeyefan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could go for some Jessica right now, actually.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.