UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Pride odds

9/15/05 6:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Budman1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Sep-05

I cant find any odds on the Pride event. Isnt that in about 2 weeks?
9/15/05 6:53 PM
Oddessa
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Sep-05
JoeyOddessa.com
Have them ready to open, but most likely wont open untill Monday. I usually open Pride odds week of event.  They'll be there, no need to rush them.
9/16/05 2:00 PM
Ruffdogg
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Sep-05
I think Baroni and Henderson will be the favorite in this tournament. Bustamante should be up there ranked third. Hmm we'll see how it goes
9/19/05 8:55 PM
Oddessa
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Sep-05
JoeyOddessa.com
holdin off on puttin odds up for another day or so bc of the minowa situation. pride always does this stuff and it makes for a pain in the ass.
9/20/05 10:32 PM
Ruffdogg
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Sep-05
Hmm I'm going with a Phil Baroni-Daniel Acacio final. It's pretty exciting to think that we may finally see the long-awaited Baroni-Bustamante showdown.
9/21/05 2:23 PM
Oddessa

Edited: 21-Sep-05
JoeyOddessa.com
will be up in about 20 mins, the odds to win entire tourney will be up later 2day or 1st thing in morning.
9/21/05 2:50 PM
Oddessa

Edited: 21-Sep-05
JoeyOddessa.com

They're up along w/ K-1. Odds to win entire tourney will be up soon.

http://www.betoddessa.com/index.cfm?page=live-lines2&sport=Other%20Sports&league=Boxing&Futures=1

185-pound GP First round:
Dan Henderson -220
Ryo Chonan +180
(185lb  Tournament Bout)

Murilo Bustamante -300
Masanori Suda +250
(185lb  Tournament Bout)

Phil Baroni -175
Ikuhisa Minowa +155
(185lb  Tournament Bout)

Daniel Acacio -110
Akihiro Gono -110
(185lb  Tournament Bout)

Paulo Filho -200
Ryuta Sakurai +170
(185lb  Reserve Bout)

160-pound GP First round:
Takanori Gomi -110
Tatsuya Kawajiri -110
(160lb  Tournament Bout)

Luiz Azeredo -250
Naoyuki Kotani +200
(160lb  Tournament Bout)

Hayato Sakurai +105
Jens Pulver -125
(160lb  Tournament Bout)

Joachim Hansen -110
Yves Edwards  -110
(160lb  Tournament Bout)

9/22/05 11:49 AM
Ruffdogg

Edited: 22-Sep-05
Man, people sure jumped on these lines real quick. They're pretty different from what Joey posted earlier. I had to go to school all day yesterday and in the morning today. This damn school is making me lose money on books and bets
9/22/05 8:00 PM
Ruffdogg

Hey Joey, I got an idea, why don't you come up with odds on who will win twice in one day. This should be pretty interesting.
9/22/05 8:16 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com
Odds who will win their bracket.  Already made them. Just havent opened them yet.
9/22/05 9:18 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

Ruffdogg...............by chance do I know you or do we have a common friend. Its odd that you asked that question  because I chose to offer odds on the brackets as opposed to the entire tourney. Only a few people knew. 

That or you have a pretty sharp mind.  Anyways odds up 2mmrow.

9/22/05 10:29 PM
Ruffdogg

Yea I know about the odds on who will win the whole tourney, but how about the odds on who will win their both matches that same night
9/22/05 10:33 PM
Ruffdogg

Hmm I think it's the latter(you know, the whole sharp mind thing).Hmm besides I don't think you would know the dumb guy who actually asked if there would be lines on the TUF show(hmm yeah that was me too).
9/22/05 11:12 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

Yea I know about the odds on who will win the whole tourney, but how about the odds on who will win their both matches that same night.

Odds who will win their bracket.............  same thing as both fights in 1st night.

I don't think you would know the dumb guy who actually asked if there would be lines on the TUF show(hmm yeah that was me too).

Only dumb enough to think I would offer that shit when the planet knows the results. But it was a worth a shot I suppose.

9/22/05 11:22 PM
sawdusk
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how about a contest on here among us squares on who comes closest to putting a line that is nearest yours on the next UFC or Pride event... I've been doing it privately for several shows now and am getting closer and closer... it's the big favorites that I'm missing, not making them as much of a fav as it appears they should be... or not knowing some of the mid-card fighters well enough to give an educated opinion... who knows, I might have to move to costa rica in a few months, open a shop and surf full time...
9/22/05 11:27 PM
Ruffdogg

Hmmm Joey, I think you should hire me and my sharp mind cause I came up with a good idea. You know how when you opened the lines, many people jumped on them which caused them to shift so quick. How about you do this. Why don't you offer access to the site via WAP. This way people could check out the odds while they're not at home, and still be able to drop some dough on the go.
9/23/05 1:18 AM
Oddessa

Edited: 23-Sep-05
JoeyOddessa.com

it's the big favorites that I'm missing, not making them as much of a fav as it appears they should be... or not knowing some of the mid-card fighters well enough to give an educated opinion...

Thats the hardest part. Getting a feel for what number will generate 2 way action on a fight. Where you know a guy cant win, but then at those odds you are almost forced into a bet and vice versa. Thats where experience comes in I guess.  Hell, I am by no means perfect, but i dont have to be if  I can write volume  without leaving a monster scalp out there.  MMA is just a tiny tiny part of the fight bizness these days.  I do it more for the enjoyment than the actual  earn.  Boxing numbers are my nest egg. I would prefer to simply bet other shops if they took the initiative to open a line with a  decent sized betting limit.  One couldnt survive booking MMA alone. 

who knows, I might have to move to costa rica in a few months, open a shop and surf full time...

Surfs great down here. Costa Rica is one of best places I've ever lived. And I've traveled and lived abroad over the past 7 years. if u ever plan a visit here, be sure and let me know. I will get you set up.

9/23/05 1:50 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

http://www.betoddessa.com/index.cfm?page=live-lines2&sport=Other%20Sports&league=Boxing&Futures=1

alot more props available now.  enjoy

9/23/05 2:09 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

185-pound GP Odds  To Win Bracket  (Win 1st two  bouts on 9-25-2005 and make Finals)
Dan Henderson -200
Ryo Chonan +425
Daniel Acacio +400
Akihiro Gono +425
Paulo Filho or Ryuta Sakurai +1500

185-pound GP Odds  To Win Bracket  (Win 1st two  bouts on 9-25-2005 and make Finals)
Murilo Bustamante +175
Masanori Suda +850
Phil Baroni  +175
Ikuhisa Minowa +220
Paulo Filho or Ryuta Sakurai  +1500

160-pound GP Odds To Win Bracket  (Win 1st two bouts on 9-25-2005 and make Finals)
Takanori Gomi +120
Tatsuya Kawajiri +145
Luiz Azeredo +475
Naoyuki Kotani +850
Charles Bennett or Mishima + 1300

160-pound GP Odds To Win Bracket  (Win 1st two  bouts on 9-25-2005 and make Finals)
Hayato Sakurai +300
Jens Pulver +550
Joachim Hansen +145
Yves Edwards +175
Charles Bennett or Mishima + 1300

9/23/05 2:10 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

Takanori Gomi  will win Entire 160Lb Pride GP Tournament:
Yes +170
No  -210

Tatsuya Kawajiri will win Entire 160Lb Pride GP Tournament:
Yes  +270
No  -330

Joachim Hansen will win Entire 160Lb Pride GP Tournament:
Yes  +425
No  -625

Yves Edwards will win Entire 160 Lb Pride GP Tournament:
Yes +500
No  -800

Dan Henderson will win Entire 185 Lb Pride GP Tournament:
Yes -145
No +115

Phil Baroni  will win Entire 185 Lb Pride GP Tournament:
Yes +475
No -675

Ikuhisa Minowa  will win Entire 185 Lb Pride GP Tournament:
Yes +525
No -825

Ryo Chonan will win Entire 185 Lb Pride GP Tournament:
Yes +525
No -825

9/23/05 7:56 PM
Ruffdogg

Henderson always get these great odds everytime he enter a tournament. I guess it's his previous UFC tournament experience that bumps him up. So what's up JOey are you going to consider my phone-wap betting thing? I'm really digging the who will not win the tournament props.Great Job Joey
9/23/05 11:51 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

are you going to consider my phone-wap

I dont even know what that is. lol. 

Bro, I am in Costa Rica. I havent been in USA in 7 years.  But what CR lacks in technology it makes up for with fine women, great liven, and overall quality of life.

Wireless internet is just becoming the  new thing down here. :)

............I think Chonan is a  live dog.  If Hendo gets bet enough, I will grab some Chonan at  plus money.  I'm gonna pull the trigger on him to upset Hendo.

9/24/05 12:08 AM
sawdusk
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Sep-05
Thanks!!! As far as teh special props. I got the following: MMA Odds - Odds to Win 185 - Pound GP Bracket. - Odds to win Bracket - Ryo Chonan +425 MMA Odds - Odds to win 160 - Pound GP Bracket - Odds to Win Bracket - Hayato Sakurai +300 MMA Odds - Special Props - Dan Henderson - No +115 (to win whole tourney) MMA Odds - Odds to win 185-pound GP Bracket - Odds to Win Bracket - Murilo Bustamante +175 Chonan and Sakurai are my dawgs. I think Sak will get past Jens and hopefully will face one completely spent fighter in the next round. Chonan I think has a shot against Hendo who has not looked good lately. I thought he looked horrible at the last GP and even though this is a big weight for him, I think his better days are behind him. I love Murilo at +175 to get out of his bracket alive. I don't see anyone that can challenge him on the ground and if baroni vs Minowa is anything like their first fight, I don't see either fighter having much left in the tank.
9/24/05 10:21 AM
Ruffdogg

Edited: 24-Sep-05
Truthfully, I don't see the Baroni-Minowa fight going too far. Phil should be able to finish this in the first this time around. Unless he gets caught with some stupid sneaky heel hook, Phil should have no problem with this match. I see Bustamante having more trouble with Suda, I see it going to a decision. Phil Baroni is my pick to win his bracket. Trust me I wouldn't have said this a few months ago. I guess I just believe strongly in the fact that Bustamante ain't the same fighter anymore. I don't see Dan Henderson winning his bracket. Even though he matches up real well with Chonan, I just see him choking somehow with either Chonan or Acacio in the later rounds.
9/25/05 10:12 AM
sawdusk

Edited: 25-Sep-05 12:26 PM
SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! . .in case you are seeing the ppv tonight................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. .................................................................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. .................................................................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. .................................................................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. .................................................................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. .................................................................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. .................................................................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. .................................................................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. .................................................................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. ................................................. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . went 5-4 overall but fortunately hit my biggest bets which were mach winning his bracket and busta hitting his... I lost on chonan for the upset to beat hendo and win the brack, acacio and yves... I was way offbase though on hendo, didn't see the fights but from all accounts, he looked unbeatable at that weight... him and busta should be a great rematch, cause it sounded like busta looked better than he has in years.. gomi is a freak and I was finally on the winning side with him... sounded like a war with kawajiri... props too for mach who I assumed would be very tough to beat at this weight.. he's got his hands full with gomi though.. it's an upset I could see happening on the ground but I wouldn't bet against gomi again... any ways... hope everyone did well... I got my first betodessa loyalty point... booyah.. good luck..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.