UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Camera rental in NYC?

9/23/05 11:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willybone
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Sep-05

This is a softball lob to Lynn.

What's a good place to rent a decent miniDV camera in NYC? On the cheap, though.
I'm going to be shooting a little this weekend, and I thought it'd be a good chance to test drive a better camera, in preparation for possibly sinking some bucks into one down the road. I don't need anything incredible. I'd just like to try something above consumer entry level hardware.

On a related note, does one always need to use the same camera you shot with to dump the video onto a hard drive?
I ask because, if that's true and I'm renting a camera, I need to factor in keeping it for long enough to dump what I shot. If that's not true, then I can just shoot, return the camera, and then dump it to my Mac with my crappy JVC whenever I get around to it.
9/23/05 11:56 AM
asymmetrik
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

howdy. you should check out Able. they're now in the west village area. just make sure your insurance is cleared before you go to check out. they'll also give you a tech on the equipment if you're getting something you've never used before. http://www.abelcine.com/ also check out Hand Held. see who's nicer and gives you the best rate. if you rent on a friday, you can keep it all weekend (return on monday) and get a 1-day rental. as long as you've got the same format, you should be fine going into your computer.
9/23/05 11:57 AM
asymmetrik

oops. Hand Held is: http://handheldfilms.com/
9/23/05 1:43 PM
Willybone
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks.
9/24/05 7:38 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 24-Sep-05
assymetrik...has given you the goods on this one.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.