UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Thank you Matt, Sweeney and 1950!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/27/05 12:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jeff Duarte
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Sep-05 12:41 AM

My body aches, my forehead hurts, my skin feels like its burning and its all due to participating in this past weekend's Matt Thornton seminar in Kingston, ON Canada.  But you know what, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  I have participated in a lot of Matt's seminars but this one was the best!

I just wanted to say thank you to Matt Thornton.  Once again, I had a great learning experience and a lot of fun.  This seminar was more intense and tougher than the previous ones (probably combined) but it was the most rewarding.  Also thank you for not only being a fantastic coach but being a fantastic friend as well.  The advice that you and Mike Sweeney gave me, really struck a nerve and I really appreciate it.  It definitely helped me feel better about myself.

A thank you to Mike Sweeney, for hosting this seminar at what I call the mecca of gyms.  Mike and his wife The "Rebeccanator" Sweeney always show great hospitality and its always an honour to come to Kingston and train with them.  Also, like I said before, thank you for your advice as well.  It really means a lot to me because you really didn't have to, but still did it anyway.  I'll never forget that and the respect that I have for you just keeps growing larger and larger.

And last but not least, a HUGE thank you to my partner in crime, Greg "1950" Compton.  Thank so much brother for letting me stay at your place for the weekend.  I had so much fun.  Your girlfriend Vicky and your Mom and Ron were awesome and I think my favourite memory of this weekend was when all of us were outside having that BBQ and just eating, relaxing and having great conversation.  Whenever you want to come up to train, just let me know.  My door is always open to you.

Also, I want to say a congratulations to Jim Grove and Rich Beaupit for getting their blue belts from Matt.  I have known Jim for a lot of years and we have become very good friends.  I have always considered him to be a like a big brother to me and like brothers theres a lot of times when we disagree, argue or get on each others nerves but I don't think there was anyone more prouder than myself when Matt wrapped a blue belt around Jim's waist.  If I wasn't so damn dehydrated from all that tortureous training, I probably would've had a tear in my eye.

9/28/05 8:28 AM
Mike Sweeney
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Sep-05
Huge congratulations to Rich Beaupit and Jim Grove who were both awarded their BJJ Blue Belts at the SBGi seminar in Kingston on September 25, 2005. Rich, who owns Rich Beaupit's Personal Performance Gym in St. Catherines and Jim, who owns Real Combat in Cambridge have been working hard to improve their ground games. Matt had them both work hard to showcase their skills and they both looked great! Rich Beaupit Jim Grove
9/28/05 1:29 PM
Matt Thornton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Sep-05
Awesome time. . .thanks to everyone who attended. It was good to see all of you. I will post more shortly.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.