UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> 48 Months of schooling paid for

9/28/05 8:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fin
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Sep-05

Okay, I have a rare opp coming to me in the form of VA's Vocational Rehab due to my disabilities incurred during my service. What is comes down to, is. I have up to 48 months (12 more can be waivered in if needed) of school paid for, any reasonable school (state, etc.,) I will also get near 1k a month on top of that as well as another 633 disability. So, now that I have this opp, I'm trying to figure out how to best sieze it. I have about 100ish credits that will apply towards the BS in Professional Studies (IT) and I can finish this up easily within 3 semesters or so. I figured, why stop there. The thing is, what do I continue on with. I thought something wise to do would be to take the Business Admin BS, and if I ended up doing well and liking it, go onto the MBA program. I will be buying a condo close to the school, but I will be able to finish up the first degree with the online program I was doing from before. I may mix that up in the second or third semester with a class or two for business (for the electives side of the house) Its just a crazy deal for me, and I'm almost kind of worried about not having to work, it just feels odd, especially after being out of the military. I'm not the smartest student in the world, but what I lack in that, I should have in determination now as I was able to work HARD and took an equivilent of 40/hour semesters when I was in tech school. 8 months long, class from 6-3 with two 15 minute breaks and 1 hour lunch crammed! So, any advice going into this? If I try for a private school, I won't be able to finish the first degree. The school I will be attending is TSU which is predom black. I think this is actually a plus for me as I won't get into the social part of campus.
9/28/05 10:09 PM
Fin
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Sep-05
I've heard that already, I'm just wanting to make sure I use this wisely, and not to make poor decisions with such a advantage.
11/8/06 10:49 PM
robs42
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Nov-06
fin whats your disability. im in right now. same boat as u. activated guardsman. hurt my back bad, had surgery and recouping, but may never recoup. how did u go about it. did u get med boarded out? my civilian doc said i need to start pursuing the disable vet status. havent even dealt w/the mil docs yet. out!
11/9/06 5:13 PM
TapoutRookie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Nov-06
dude...take the education for everything you can while you can. I promise you if you fuck this up you will regret it later in life when you want to have that education. take it from my own experience...take it while it is offered. Who cares what you get your degrees in...just get them while you have the chance.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.