UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> NCAA football 10/01/05

9/29/05 2:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
daveswilley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Sep-05

wow. there are a lot of games this weekend that I like. I like more games this weekend than I usually do through the whole season. I may have to parlay them up because I don't have enought money to play all the games I want to. Here's a taste (these are not my final picks, as I still have research to do, but they jump out at me): Oregon St. -1.5 vs. Wash St. Oregon -7 at Stanford Western MI -10.5 vs. Buffalo BG/Temple OVER 64.5 NEB/ Iowa St OVER 37 IDAHO/Utah ST. OVER 49 OR St/Wash St. OVER 61 LSU -14.5 at Miss St. Nevada/ San Jose st. OVER 61 La Tech -10 vs. New Mexico St. Tex A/M -14 (first half) vs. Baylor What else do we have out there?
9/29/05 4:56 PM
esch99
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any thoughts on the Air Force and Colorado St. game tonight?
9/29/05 11:13 PM
daveswilley

I didn't at first, BUT I took colorado -.05 and OVER 28.5 in the second half - straight winners, baby. Sorry, I know that doesn't help now. What do you think of my weekend picks above? I feel I am due for a bad weekend, but I've nailed NCAA every weekend so far, so who knows. Oregon is a "trap" game at -7. This game is sandwiched between USC and Ariz St for Oregon and Stanford is coming off a bye week -- letdown city for OU. I don't care though b/c I think Oregon will still kick their ass. I'll probably pass on La Tech and the Nevada game. Those teams are unsteady to me, and I'm not comfortable wagering on them at this point. I will be taking the rest of them. ALSO, I bet Va Tech/WVU over 41.5 for some coin. That game will always goes UNDER, but this year might be different due to field position and special teams.
9/30/05 6:55 AM
esch99
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Sep-05
I think your picks look pretty good. I went with two on last night's game with Col staight up to win parlayed with the over and col -3.5 plus the over for the other. Thought I was going to lose going to bed, but somehow woke up with a winner. I will roll with some of your picks for sure-definitely the oregon game. I am also thinking of putting something on the Pitt and Rutgers game tonight since I will be watching it, but am not sure which way to go on this one. Neither of them is very good.
9/30/05 11:42 AM
daveswilley

Edited: 30-Sep-05
Esch, Don't load up on Oregon!! I did some research last night, and it's not a good pick. It might win, but that doesn't mean it's a good pick. Stanford hasn't lost by more than 5 pts at home in a long time. They are pissed after losing to UC-Davis and had a bye week to prepare for this. Oregon is looking forward to next week . . . beware (though I still bet it small). As far as tonight's game - who knows? Those are the 2 most unpredictable teams in the country right now. Save your $ for this weekend. I really like Oregon St.
10/1/05 8:38 PM
esch99

Edited: 01-Oct-05
dave- A couple of those picks (barely) saved my ass today. I got hit hard on A&M and the over on the Florida game, but also went with the over on BG, oregon st. (thanks big time for that one, but I was worried at halftime!), and oregon. I just felt that one coming and blazed ahead despite your warning. I had the over with wisconsin and tech, but they were unfortunately parlayed up with those damn aggies.
10/1/05 8:52 PM
daveswilley

Dude! Oregon State was a NUTCUTTER!! whew!!!! and oh yeah, screw Tex A&M -- that one hurt me, too. I don't mean to brag, but I am absolutely on fire with NCAA this season (80 percent, probably). Nobody would believe my record today if I told them. I have a couple of 5 game parlays that have 4 winners and are waiting on the Boise State -10.5 outcome. If Boise State hits, I am rich (by my meager standards). However, I think I'm going to hedge the parlays by betting Hawaii +10.5, because I will be heartbroken if Boise State loses and I end up collecting zero on those parlays. What do you think about BSt tonight? The game is in Hawaii, and I think BSU is looking to make an example out of somebody after 2 early season losses. What say you?
10/1/05 9:00 PM
esch99

I think hawaii without their QB from last year stands little chance in this game, even at home. If you are only giving up 10.5, I think that BS will win this by at least 2 touchdowns and probably more. I think I will put something down on this one myself. Good luck! I also have some down on the tarver and Jones fight going under, as I think Roy is just not going to be able to hang for more than a few rounds.
10/1/05 9:28 PM
daveswilley

I haven't had good luck at MMA/Boxing lately, but I believe RJJ is going to kick Tarver's ass -- and I mean stop him. Then again, I'm in Pensacola so I'm biased. But, I watched the replays last night of I and II and Jones seemed to hit Tarver whenever he wanted and dominated when he felt the urge. He just got sloppy/burned out after 20 years of easily kicking everyone's ass. Tonight I think we'll see something special. I just can't let it ride tonight on BSU :-( . . . just can't do it with a bunch of money at stake. However, my old bookie used to say: "THERE ARE 2 KINDS OF PEOPLE WHO WILL NEVER MAKE IT IN THIS WORLD: 1) A SCARED GAMBLER, and 2) A JEALOUS PIMP. I am neither, so I've decided to let it ride!!! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10/1/05 10:02 PM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyOddessa.com

I believe RJJ is going to kick Tarver's ass -- and I mean stop him.

I think thast the least likely outcome. Tarver has great whiskers. I think jones may start sharp, but will ultimately lose. He was great, but his last 2 showings lead me to believe he maybe  shot.

10/1/05 10:30 PM
daveswilley

Odessa, I'm sure I'm engaging in wishful thinking, and I believe logic tells us Tarver will win. However, I can't get the Montell Griffin II Roy Jones out of my head, though. you know? Jones has said repeatedly throughout recent years "I don't feel challenged" and I believe he's fought like it. As you know, athletes perform "up" or "down" sometimes based on their perception of their competition. He is motivated tonight and he's SUCH an egomaniac, I think he's going out there to kill Tarver -- not to win a JD. This could play into Tarver's hands though because he's an excellent counter-puncher. I believe Jones will get off first, and it just seems to me that Jones would not allow any other ending to this fight than a TKO. Kinda wish I'd paid for it . . . selah. What do YOU think of BSU tonight? That's the question.
10/1/05 10:32 PM
esch99

Broncoa re going to ROLL on the hulaboys tonight-or is that actually tomorrow morning? Anyway, if Roy does stop Tarver I'll be just as happy as long as it happens in the under! I can't really see it, though.
10/1/05 10:33 PM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyOddessa.com

What do YOU think of BSU tonight

I took Hawaii +11 at home , but small, nothing significant.

10/1/05 10:44 PM
daveswilley

"I took Hawaii +11 at home , but small, nothing significant." Crap. I hate to hear that, as I respect your opinion. Why? Is it just because UH is a strong home team and BSU is weaker on the road? Or is there something specific in the matchup? SO . . . Esch -- looks like it's you and me, buddy! Some info -- Hawaii is 6-2 ATS as a home dog the last 4 years and they failed to cover vs. USC 3 weeks ago. It's unlikely that they'll fail to cover twice in a row with a record like that ATS. However, BSU has covered vs. UH the past 4 years. The OVER should be fun, too at 64.
10/1/05 10:56 PM
esch99

Although there is nobody I respect more than Joey when it comes to picks, I still am standing tall on this one and calling out a big Broncos win. Don't woory, Dave-you are riding this one to the bank!
10/2/05 12:22 PM
esch99

Edited: 02-Oct-05
ugh...short ride.
10/3/05 4:44 PM
daveswilley

Edited: 03-Oct-05
Esch, don't worry about me! I won on the over and that eased things a bit. I had a great weekend anyway. I'm looking forward to this coming week. North Texas is tempting me at -2. Troy can't score and UNT is waiting to bust out with those 2 running backs . . . just a matter of time. Any analysis?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.