UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Ever been so wrong on an exam?

9/30/05 10:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willybone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Sep-05

I took a physics mid-term last night. It seemed relatively easy, but it still took me almost the full period to finish.
When I was done, I would've bet money I scored over 95%. I'd even gone back over one of the harder problems, took my answer, and worked the equations backwards to the given variables. I was very happy handing in that masterwork.
After, the prof is cool, so he ran through all the problems for 1/2 hour to give us the answers. Turns out, I'd completely blown one (out of five) problem, partially botched another, and was even half wrong on the one I'd gone back over and solved backwards!

I'm very disappointed. Not in being wrong, but in being so sure I was right.
9/30/05 3:05 PM
gokou00
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Sep-05
This would happen to me in high school. So I learn my lesson(sort of) in college. After I take a test i try not to think about how i scored. One time i finished taking a discrete math test. and i thought that i passed with at least a 90% I even did the extra credit. When I got my test back the only answer i had correct was the extra credit.
10/1/05 1:38 AM
Power Paw

Edited: 01-Oct-05
happens quite often to the point where i now second, third, fourth, fifth guess myself ...and run out of time to do things as carefully as i would like to
10/2/05 2:22 PM
luchador1

Edited: 02-Oct-05
During one of my low points when I first started college, I did so bad..a prof worte on my blue book "I would be ashamed to sign my name to this if I were you!". It became apparent that it was go or get off the pot time after this.
10/3/05 2:07 PM
Willybone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Oct-05
to the point where i now second, third, fourth, fifth guess myself
Ha!
I've started second guessing myself already, and the test is long over. "Maybe I'll get more partial credit than I think... Maybe I'm still in the high 80s..."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.