UnderGround Forums

Miletich Fighting System >> opening gym

10/1/05 5:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PablosNewton
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Oct-05

Can you offer me some advise? Around how much would it cost to open a school? do you have any tips for opening one? are there any websites that could help? thanks!
10/6/05 10:02 AM
croatian
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Oct-05
Pablosnewton, What type of school? Is it a gym for fighters or the general public? What type of martial arts will be involved? Pat Miletich
10/7/05 5:37 AM
PablosNewton
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Oct-05
Hi Pat, Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to open a public gym, focusing on kickboxing, but also mma, grappling and self defence on the side. I'm thinking of doing it full-time, teaching kids and adults. The kids program is just to supplement my income, i'm more interested in building a fight team. any tips? would u recommend any equipment retailers? regards,
10/10/05 4:05 PM
croatian
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Oct-05
I would remember one thing. Fight teams do not keep the doors open, regular students do. As far as equipment goes, go to www.ariesfightgear.com and get the phone #. Call and ask for Dave. Dave is really easy to work with on equipment and will work good deals out for you. I used to use fairtex until my guy left them. Since then they have really lost my respect. I got that company involved in MMA and they quickly forgot that as soon as James Wong left. I'll never use their products again. Dave is humble and puts out a good product along with Twins muay-thai gear. Pat M.
10/15/05 3:15 PM
PablosNewton

Edited: 15-Oct-05
wow. thanks pat, what's your take on Superpro?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.