UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Give a HS student some advice

11/10/06 11:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WEB
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-06
i wouldnt base it on, how much money you will make. to be a doc you need 1 year chemistry, biology, and inorganic chem, you will have a lot of homework. i would recommend taking liberals for the 1st year with a few of the classes being sunjects you are interested in, example take accounting, you will need that for a finance degree.
12/6/06 7:13 PM
ThePigpen
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Dec-06
Study what you like, once you graduate you'll be happy that you spent your time learning something that you enjoyed. The best advice that I never listened to is to forget about making money. I've seen guys make a fortune doing stuff that, when they started off, seemed like a surefire way to poverty. If you find one thing and become really really good at it, there will always be people willing to pay you for it.
7/25/07 7:16 PM
DevilDawg
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jul-07
"As of now I'm interested in BJJ, weight lifting, and nutrition. Something like kenisiology/nutrition seems cool, but again, I don't know how much one can make in such a profession. " Physical Therapy Sports Medecine Occupational Therapy Are some money making career fields.
8/4/07 7:36 PM
Liyon
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Aug-07
So what happened to the original poster?
8/5/07 12:29 AM
pats0
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Aug-07
I decided to go into Life Science and really enjoyed the first year. Currently I'm looking into med school and optometry. Thanks for the advice everyone.
8/5/07 9:56 AM
asdf
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Aug-07 10:04 AM
The plus of going to Northwestern (for a science major) would've been the undergraduate research. Undergrad research at NU would've almost certainly been better than at Oberlin. In some majors (chem, bio, physics), the undergrads are doing research the entire year. If you do great undergrad research, you can get into any grad school. In grad school, going to MIT or Harvard really does make a huge difference over going to Michigan State (for example). I would sort of be interested in seeing Sowell's stats for a school like Northwestern, Chicago, or Duke, normalized to class size or Rice, Williams, or Swarthmore (all good schools). An otherwise good research school like Michigan lets in a lot of in-state kids who aren't going to go to grad school.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.