UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Where to live in Japan

10/18/05 9:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Change4abuk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Oct-05

hi everybody.I am going to Japan in November and I had a few locations in mind and wanted to know which ones have good MMA gyms around them. I am going to Tokyo and my options are (shibuya,meguro,Harajuku) or (Gotanda,Shinigawa) or (Asakusa,Ueno,Akihabara) or (Ikebukuro,Itabashi ward Area). I am looking for MMA gyms that can help me get mma fights.I have had 9 mma fights and 2 of them have been in Canadian Shooto.I also heard that there are Shooto qualifiers and would like to know the dates for them. If anyone could help me out that would be great.Thanks. P.S. I have chosen those locations because i have found cheaper housing there but have not picked one yet.
10/26/05 4:48 PM
mestregruber
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Oct-05
You should be able to commute to a decent gym from just about any of those locations. I recommend looking up gyms you are interested in, and seeing how far they are from the stations you would be living near. Also, any reputable MMA gym should be able to get you a shot in Shooto. Yuki Nakai's Paraestra might be good, if for no other reason then Nakabayashi-san (his business manager guy) is some sort of official in Shooto and sets up matches.
10/28/05 4:46 PM
UG_Lurker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Oct-05

You don't even need to attend a gym to get a shot in Shooto.

You could start class b and move up, depending on how good you are.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.