UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Questions on Mace

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/25/05 9:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JKA Judo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Oct-05

Best brand? Is there a particular type that impacts people as well as animals (dogs)? Or do I need to carry two products? Best place to buy? Thanks.
10/25/05 3:00 PM
theMachine23

forget mace. you want OC spray. fox labs makes the hottest stuff out there. this is what you want. the physiological response is the same for dogs and humans, and probably most mammals.
10/25/05 3:11 PM
JKA Judo

Best place to buy? Thanks.
10/26/05 12:28 PM
krept
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Oct-05
I have heard the same about Fox Labs and bought two flip top bottles. One was used for test firing (distance/accuracy) and the other is kept for use. It looks like Dave's Ultimate Insanity sauce when it comes out... definitely something that I would not want to get hit with. As for best pricing... not sure. The distributors are all pretty much close in price. Just do a google search and find the best size and type (stream/fog/foam, etc) that fits your needs. AT this point I'd recommend getting some Sudecon wipes too just in case you get some on you or you want to test it out. There is a formula to make the stuff but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Demi uses a different brand than Fox because IIRC it's illegal in CA. Something else to consider. If it's not top of the line, Fox is right up there. cheers
10/26/05 2:57 PM
theMachine23

http://www.defensedevices.com/index.html i believe this place also sells inert cannisters (water), so you can practice.
10/26/05 3:33 PM
JKA Judo

Ordered from DefenseDevices.com. Prices seem reasonable and customer service was very good. Thanks for the replies.
10/26/05 9:54 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The CSPT
MACE is a brand name. they make products with OC and CS in them. Purchasing OC is dependant upon where you live. In Ca. FOX labs is not legal. It must say "For Self Defense Only" on the cannister and to my knowledge FOX has not changed their label for Ca. Ca. has a number of restrictions: Must be 18 to purchase, but, a parent can buy it for someone 16 years of age to carry. Cannister must be 2oz or under. Cannister must have an expireation date. Cannister must say "For Self Defense Only". Also for pratical use there are a number of considerations with OC: Delivery system. Size of cannister. Formula (SHU, % of OC, CS or Dye mixes). There is alot of info here: http://www.demibarbito.com/OCSpray.html
10/26/05 9:54 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The CSPT
MACE is a brand name. they make products with OC and CS in them. Purchasing OC is dependant upon where you live. In Ca. FOX labs is not legal. It must say "For Self Defense Only" on the cannister and to my knowledge FOX has not changed their label for Ca. Ca. has a number of restrictions: Must be 18 to purchase, but, a parent can buy it for someone 16 years of age to carry. Cannister must be 2oz or under. Cannister must have an expireation date. Cannister must say "For Self Defense Only". Also for pratical use there are a number of considerations with OC: Delivery system. Size of cannister. Formula (SHU, % of OC, CS or Dye mixes). There is alot of info here: http://www.demibarbito.com/OCSpray.html
10/27/05 12:58 PM
JKA Judo

Edited: 27-Oct-05
You can say that again! (Just ribbing you on the double post) I live in Georgia, no problems there. I can carry a gun in my car without a permit. I chose the keychain model because it seems easier to keep handy. I also anticipate my wife won't be using it, so buying refills every year is less expensive than buying the bigger cans. Also, her hands are small, so the keychain model should fit in her hand easier and therefore easier to handle.
10/28/05 10:03 PM
baltz

Edited: 28-Oct-05
i carry the fox 2oz fliptop stream daily without any issues, but i have big pockets. good distance & capacity. i did not like the asp baton, distance & capacity sucked. didn't like grip & firing mechanics.
10/29/05 12:30 PM
Aaron Little

Edited: 29-Oct-05 12:31 PM
I carry Fox Labs 2.0 oz (Stream). I like the stream type for the distance, the way it stands up to a breeze, and the decrease in risk of cross contamination. I want to be able to stay on target as I am backing away and/or moving up the force continuum. That is why I spend quite a bit of time training with inert canisters.

I hear a lot of great reviews about ALS/Top Cop as well.
You can buy both from Tactical Response Gear.

Tactical Response Gear ships most orders same day and if it is on their website it is in stock.

***In the spirit of full disclosure, I work for Tactical Response's training company.***

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.