UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Underperforming

10/27/05 11:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dracovich
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Oct-05

Man it sucks underperforming on an exam. To be fair this was my first ever oral exam, and the first time i've ever been nervous for an exam. I was unlucky too, out of the 8 questions 5-6 of them i was pretty sure i'd get a good score, but i didn't pull those. Out of all the things to get i got Possoin brackets, which i can do the math on and derive, but don't really understand them that well. So i did all the derivations and could do the math in them, but when he was asking questions as to what this was showing us and how i could imagine this etc. i did like crap. I knew that there were some derivations later in the chapter though that i understood even less, so i managed to stall the time and finish my 30 minutes before i reached that my doing rather thorough derivation of the first part lol. In conclusion, oral exams suck. But hey, at least i understand the subject decently now and will go away with a elementry understanding of analytical mechanics even though it messes up my GPA.
10/27/05 4:10 PM
jgibson

You don't see much of those in the U.S.
10/27/05 5:23 PM
dracovich

*crosses fingers for his exchange student to USA application*
10/28/05 9:42 AM
gokou00

Edited: 28-Oct-05
heh
10/29/05 12:54 AM
asdf
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Oct-05
The biggest trick to all oral exams is not to get flustered. Accept there will be things you don't know and work through it. In grad school, the people who fail orals are those who can't understand English very well, or those who get so flustered they can't answer things they actually know.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.